The sun is up.....whats up with you?

Connie D.
on 11/13/11 5:30 am, edited 11/13/11 5:30 am
Debbie...I understand the church thing. You give what you can...if you can. I hate that 10% rule. Where does it say in the bible what % you must give. This is just my opinion.
I left my church in MN for that reason and because our pastor was viewing child *****n the church computer and had *****graphic material hidden in the church office!! He was also funding this garbage with church funds. Yet if someone didn't give what he required he was upset. Needless to say he moved away. Oh I forgot he had a mistress too!!!
I do go to church and I do believe in God. This kind if stuff just makes me anger.

HUGS....connie d

Debbiejean
on 11/13/11 5:48 am - Shelbyville, MI
I too hate the 10% rule, it keeps people out of a church just cuz they can't give enough. That is sad. My heart is heavy today. I felt bad for our younger couples who are married and have children. I was looking around and peoples body language was "closed", that meant heads down, no eye contact and arms were crossed over their body. I kept my head held high the whole time and made contact with the Pastor.

So today I'm sad. Heartbroken. Time to move to another church and this time maybe not get so involved. When I change churches I sit back and just enjoy the service but when people hear me sing they say join the choir or do special music and then I get involved with other things. I like being involved but today I'm heartbroken. I will mend. I'm not a hypocrite and God doesn't care where you worship.

Thanks Connie for understanding. We are all people and we make mistakes and then sometimes we just have to move on. I'll take the good out of this and open my eyes and welcome new changes. This way I can pick up my grand kids when mommy can't make church or at least take the 2 older ones with me. Having 2 babies makes a difference getting ready for church and then actually getting the message at church when you have 2 babies, a 5 and 9 year old. So I see us picking up Rozzie and Remi on Sundays and go to church with us.

Oh yes, now that I'm typing this I'm feeling better and trying to lift up my heart to the Lord. Crap happens and it was too bad this happened at church for me today. Sigh....Hugs Debbie
Monica B.
on 11/13/11 7:48 am - Emery, SD
I too am sad that this occurred at your service today. Worship should be uplifting...we all have enough problems in our own lives. Giving to help others is essential, but we can do this in many ways. Not just by dropping something in the basket as it passes us at church.

Debbiejean
on 11/13/11 8:19 am - Shelbyville, MI

Amen Monica!
I was expecting to get Spiritually Fed today and instead a slap in the face! Ugh...
Okay he's sermon wasn't directed at me but dang, a much better approach to talking about giving is in the "Joy of giving" not an expectation.
Did the Pastor "earn his keep" today? Nope, he left people with a stunned look on their faces and the look of dis-belief.
The thing was I got my hubby involved in church for the first time in years. It was wonderful to watch him grow in the church. He sang with me in the Praise Team, the Choir and we did Bible study together with a small group of people our age.

Patricia R.
on 11/13/11 6:12 am - Perry, MI
 Debbiejean,
I am so sorry you had such a bad experience at church.  My pastor has preached on stewardship, but never dictating what amount anyone should give.  He asks that the congregation prayerfully consider what the Lord would have them put in the offering box.  We don't take an offering at our services.  We have two boxes on the wall of the sanctuary by the doors.  

I know that the concept of a tithe of 10% comes from Malachi.  I have never been told that amount at my current church.  

I hope you are able to find a good church where you can worship and sing praises to the Lord.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Debbiejean
on 11/13/11 7:18 am - Shelbyville, MI
Thanks Trish, I would like your church!
Yep, I will find my new church and be comfortable. Still have a heavy heart because I believe when people go to church they give what they can. Some give more, some less but God still loves us. As the world turns!!.... Hugs Debbie
Connie D.
on 11/13/11 5:18 am
Pat....hope the crying helped....sometimes we just have to cry and get it out of our system.

HUGS sweetie....connie d
Patricia R.
on 11/13/11 6:02 am - Perry, MI
 Greeting Monica and OFF Family,
I am settled in at a hotel outside of Youngstown, Ohio.  I am en route to Michigan to see my pregnant daughter and my adorable Munchkins.  My drive was uneventful, and tiring.  I drove the entire length of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and am exhausted.

I got to see my younger son last night, before I left home.  He spent two days at the hospital visiting his friends from high school.  The friend that is brain dead, his parents were talking to the organ transplant people late last night.  So heartbreaking.

I am hoping to get a good night's sleep, and head to my daughter's tomorrow.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Monica B.
on 11/13/11 7:50 am - Emery, SD
Safe passage on your trip. I know you will have a splendid visit. Enjoy sweet friend.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1191 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views