Im Back - Almost 2 years out !! - Kinda long - i needed the vent

Peggy F.
on 3/26/13 12:37 am - Whitby, Canada

Hi,

Like you....I read a lot of the postings and don't respond, but I'm glad you posted.  Your story really touched me.  You are doing amazing with your running....I hope to run one day as well.  As others have said, take care of yourself.  Your wife is in good hands now and you need to take care of you.  You know what you need to do.  Come here for support regularly.  I had stopped coming here for a while and it really affected how my weight loss (my own fault.....becoming too lazy).  I hope to be back on track now.

Be kind to you.

Derek C.
on 3/26/13 1:30 am - North Bay , Canada

Thanks to all for all of your kind words - it is truly appreciated 

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

kellybelly333
on 3/26/13 10:54 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Derek! I have also heard excellent things about the program at Credit Valley. Nice to see you reaching out and wanting to take care of yourself. Best thing for you and your wife. I'm very sorry to hear of your and your wife's struggles. I prey things turn around soon for you.

Big hugs!!

Kelly

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics