Recent Posts

mirandamacie
on 3/10/21 1:08 am
RNY on 02/23/21
Topic: RE: What are some of your junk food replacements?

I had the taco quest chips before, I wasn't a huge fan and I think it was a texture thing. Although, my favorite Doritos are the sweet spicy chili so I'll have to give that flavor a try!

I've been tolerating most foods super well so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing what my new pallet will allow me to enjoy that actually isn't terrible for me!

PuggleDad
on 3/8/21 9:49 am
Topic: RE: What are some of your junk food replacements?

If you like Doritos, the Quest chips can be a great replacement. They are pricey, but you are going to eat such a small amount that it's something you should definitely let yourself splurge on. They give you a ton of protein as well. The Spicy Sweet Chili is hands down my favorite flavor thus far, but Nacho is also good. I found taco okay, the ranch got old to me pretty quickly. It all depends on personal preference of course.

There are some sites like Netrition that has a bariatric section, filled with a lot of alternatives. Though obviously still read the labels, don't take anyone's word for something as important as your dietary choices. I have some hot cocoa mix from there, for instance, that is artificially sweetened has a ton of protein. I also found some chocolate wafers from there I like that essentially are like having a protein bar in terms of nutrition. A lot of your options change depending on how you feel about artificial sweeteners. Some people can't tolerate them, and some doctors tell you to stay away from them completely.

There are a lot of big brands making protein versions of their products now. I buy granola bars that have a good amount in them, from multiple brands. Kodiak Cakes makes some products I enjoy, including their muffin mix. It's good when you need that carb rush but want to minimize the damage. I replace the oil called for with applesauce (no sugar added), so I'm just getting a lot of carbs and some protein in the muffins instead of a ton of fat as well.

mirandamacie
on 3/7/21 2:16 am
RNY on 02/23/21
Topic: What are some of your junk food replacements?

I'm planning for a few weeks when I can have an open diet again, I never want to go back to my old diet. I'm such a junk food fanatic though, I used to live off of potato chips and fast food. My question is, what did you guys replace junk food with? I know there are some lower calorie and overall better for you alternatives out there, let's hear yours!

evcorso
on 2/11/21 1:00 am
Topic: RE: Protein Shake Foam

Prepare your shake before you start workout so that the powders get more time and can dissolve in water completely. Mix powder in a little amount of water.

White Dove
on 2/10/21 5:49 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: How to keep food warm

i bought a baby food warmer and it worked perfectly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

dav92grav
on 2/10/21 2:45 am
Topic: RE: post op diet help

I agree with the previous comment, but not for the calories. You need at least 1200 calories just to live. You can calculate your allowance online, it's not hard.

dav92grav
on 2/10/21 2:27 am
Topic: RE: Is almond butter helpful to health and beauty??

Almonds are healthy, but the main thing is not to overdo the norm. I make salads with them, use almond milk for smoothies. Do you like the taste?

dav92grav
on 2/10/21 12:36 am
Topic: RE: How to keep food warm

Foil or a hot towel will help. Another good option is to wrap a plate of food tightly with a hot towel, or pour a bowl of ho****er and put the container with the food in it. I often do this.

dav92grav
on 2/8/21 11:36 pm
Topic: RE: Protein Shake Foam

I always have a small shaker with me, it's handy. You might be adding a lot of protein and need more time to whip it up. You need to whip it gently, then you won't have that problem.

dav92grav
on 2/8/21 11:28 pm
Topic: RE: Looking for an inexpensive multivitamin. Can?t find Centrum chewable anywhere!

If you need vitamins, consult your doctor to see exactly what you need. There are jelly vitamins, they are inexpensive. Also vitamins in tablets - one a day, or vitamin C powder.

Most Active