Recent Posts

murphyjo
on 5/5/15 5:38 am
Topic: RE: Lost and Need Some Direction

There are actually at least 2 books. The Big Book on the Gastric Sleeve and others. Search them on Amazon... I am just beginning my journey so I cannot help you otherwise... good luck to you

Kathy S.
on 5/5/15 2:29 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: ObesityHelp Conference Speakers: OH2015 Saturday Sessions

We are excited to announce our OH2015 ObesityHelp Conference speakers for the Saturday Sessions. In addition to a great line up of speakers, this year we have added more fitness activities to the conference schedule.

Make sure to stop by and learn more about both our Friday and Saturday speakers and their sessions. We continue to add more details to the OH2015 agenda, so keep checking!

Join us in Raleigh, NC, October 16th & 17th for two jammed pack days of education, support and celebration! Reserve Your Tickets NOW

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

paragondream
on 5/4/15 1:00 pm
Topic: RE: Where's the Beef?

Okies. :) Thank you! Is there any reason soy is the one to go for plant-based?

~Paragondream

chulbert
on 5/4/15 4:47 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13
chulbert
on 5/4/15 4:46 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13
Topic: RE: Where's the Beef?

A pure whey protein isolate should contain little-to-no lactose so you should be fine.  If you go plant-based then you want soy.

omar88
on 5/4/15 4:22 am
Topic: nighttime gastric reflux

Hi I had my band surgery around 2011, occasionally I may have night time gastric reflux with intense coughing, my question is what is a better  med  or success overcoming this?

thanks.

Mel is losing it
on 5/4/15 3:56 am - Lakeport, CA
Topic: Unable to eat or drink in the morning????

Hello, does anyone else have experience with not being able to eat and barely drink in the morning? I have heard about waking up tight after laying down all night and stomach fluids coming up. But I'm hungry and I would like to eat before noon! Any experience or suggestions? Thank you!!!

Melissa 

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

auntmimi
on 5/4/15 3:20 am
Topic: RE: what ratio ???

I am 5'0 and 146lbs and that you listed is what my surgeon (who also has had RNYGB) recommended. Exactly. 

singdoremi
on 5/4/15 12:15 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Pure Protein Vs. Premier Protein--Taste?

LOVE the Premier!

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

paragondream
on 5/3/15 7:18 pm
Topic: Where's the Beef?

*POSTING THIS IN VSG AND DIET AND NUTRITION FORUMS*

So as a newly pre-op I am starting to take the stroll down Protein Lane, trying to get starting stocking up on the goodies.

Just ooooooone small catch...

I'm lactose intolerant...it's not a pretty sight...it could be classified as down-right frightening...

So questions are:

1. Is the whey in protein even enough to set off ye ol' time bomb?

But more importantly:

2. Has anyone had experience using plant based protein powders and have any suggestions?

~Paragondream

Most Active