What are some of your junk food replacements?

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/21 4:01 pm, edited 10/27/21 9:33 am
RNY on 01/01/14

If I?m really in the mood for nachos I buy a dollar bag of fresh corn tortillas.

I fire up the oven and cut them into fifths .

Then I dip them in a really cheap bag of cheese seasoning ( for Mac n cheese ) usually like thirty cents a box ( generic ... bottom shelf at Walmart)

let them bake very carefully ( they burn quickly ) for like five minutes till they become crispy . At this point you can make nachos w fat free cheese ... whatever you like .

I usually am very happy to dip them in fresh salsa ... maybe a bit of guacamole.

super filling... tastes ( to me exactly the same )as ? real ? tortilla chips and nachos and is very satisfying despite being low cal and low fat ....

another true family pleaser ( please also find my popcorn post )

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/21 4:20 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I don't exactly know why I don't like halo top ...

but for me and the entire family Outback coconut bars and Skinny cow lowfat ice cream sandwiches seem to satisfy.

the little kidz LOVE ice cream as do their grandparents lol. I'll eat an occasional serving .

Odessa4
on 10/21/22 4:45 am

I replaced french fries on carrot. Was hard at the beginning but now i love it

Smiley.J
on 6/17/23 4:29 am

Like, actual carrots cut into shape and size of carrots??

TattooMom
on 6/26/23 11:44 am - SUGAR LAND, TX

"I can totally relate to your situation! I used to be a big junk food fan too but once I started exploring healthier options, I never looked back. One of my favorite replacements for potato chips is kale chips! They're super easy to make and have a satisfying crunch. Another great option is popcorn - swap out the butter and salt for a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and some herbs for a flavorful and lower calorie treat. And for fast food cravings, try making your own healthy versions at home - homemade veggie burgers or grilled chicken with sweet potato fries are delicious and much healthier options. Keep up the good work, you got this

Most Active