Can't believe this!! *^% band!

Kate -True Brit
on 1/17/11 3:19 am - UK

Here I am, aged 60, a total non-athlete who has been morbidly obese for most of her adult life.

And now look what I have done. I just signed up for a 1/2 marathon. I am insane.

It's that %*&&^% band again!   

If i hadn't had it I could have remained a couch potato.  Maybe not for long as the "morbid" bit of morbid obesity might have kicked in - but I could have sat there on the sofa, in my size 26s.

This band just makes life so difficult.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Tiff tells all
on 1/17/11 3:22 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Oh Kate...what did you do. You poor unfortuanate and healthy soul.
Congratulations and good luck!!!!

BTW- I just signed up for my second 5k. This time I'll have my inhaler in hand LOL!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Kate -True Brit
on 1/17/11 3:32 am - UK

Life was so much less tiring when i didn't do anything!

Actually...was it? I didn't do anything to make me tired, but I felt tired all the time!!!

Kate

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/11 3:29 am
LMAO!  I am in the same boat as you Kate.  Look at what this stinking band is causing!  Good health and fitness....this isn't what I signed up for!  I just wanted to spend all of my money on new clothes...

I will be thinking of you while I am training.  When is your big day?  Mine is April 30th.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/17/11 3:35 am - UK

Oh not until September so I will start training in August!  I have done a few 5ks and I went to the gym for a week or so before them so I reckon a 1/2 marathon will need a few weeks!! I'm not a dedicated athelete! Trouble is i am a bit competitive so will almost kill msyelf on the day to make sure i am nowhere near the back!!

Kate

Jean M.
on 1/18/11 8:52 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
That's not what I signed up for either. I signed up for the Have WLS and turn into Kate Moss Overnight Plan, and what I got was a size 10 body, a closet full of cute clothes (and shoes, don't forget the size 7 shoes), and an "excellent" grade on the fitness evaluation I had a few months ago. Jeez Louise, what a total rip off. And, and...don't forget the shocking $40/month I'm spending for exercise classes each month instead of the $40/week in junk food I used to buy. Oh, I could go on and on....

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

bgrandmabear
on 1/17/11 3:30 am
Good luck kate glad your not a couch potato you give all of us hope the band will work so well for us
mstrip59
on 1/17/11 5:38 am

This band; I never ceased to be amazed.  Went to see the personal trainer today, had an hour with her and at the end she stated "you did good." I consider that a high compliment due to the fact that a year ago I never would have stepped into a gym and would have NEVER met with a pt due to not wanting to let someone else see me winded, sweating and looking like a was going to pass out.  I like forward to the challenge and see how far it will take me.  It's not just about losing weight now, it's about living better, enjoying life and meeting/exceeding my own expectations by putting me first.   Congrats Kate. 

marypatf
on 1/17/11 7:23 am
 Oooo... I knew that the band was NO GOOD!!!   

Wow that is crazy....   But what an inspiration you are!!!.... 
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

Karen R.
on 1/17/11 7:36 am - Peoria, AZ
This band makes me really really mad. It has made me want to get off the couch and go outside and walk in the beautiful sun. I don't nap every day like I used too. And I really miss those. I also have way too much energy. Stupid band what was I thinking.
Most Active