The Negatives of Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza-Reyes

RollTideRoll
on 6/1/10 6:01 am - Montgomery, AL
Around late August, early September of 2009, my momma and I went to get the gastric lapband surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. We didn't got there because of the low prices. My mom wanted me to get this surgery done so that I can live my teenage life without weight problems, and feel more comfortable doing so. I had just turned sixteen years old when I got this surgery, so there weren't many places around the United States that would do a weightloss surgery on a child. When we got to the Recovery House, the people working their were eating breakfast and everyone was just talking to eachother. When we went in for surgery, it didn't even look like a hospital, I was like... "is this it?" Anyways, we got it done and when I woke up, my mom and I were hurting pretty bad, but I guess that's normal. We went to the recovery house about an hour later. Our stay at the recovery house was pretty good, as well. When we were in pain, they gave us this "strong" tylenol. They sprayed our stomachs with a bottle of water (not to mention I found the exact bottles at Walmart last month for 97 cents). We were sent home with no medications. Life went on and when we realized it didn't work good, we went to a doctor close by to get a fill done. My mom's was pretty easy to get through. When they stuck the needle in my stomach, they couldn't find the port. They took multiple X-rays, and realized that it was tilted in my stomach. They finally got it. We went home, and a few weeks later, a hole started to form on my momma's stomach. This hole kept getting deeper and bigger. She finally set up to go back to Mexico to get the lapband removed and a gastric sleeve instead. While she was down there, the first day was used up to make sure nothing serious was going on. The next day she had the surgery, and she probably stayed there for two or more days. On the airplane ride back, she was in severe pain and had to be layed down on the ground. When she finally got home, I had to take her to the Emergency Room right away. The doctors did surgery on her right away and found 5 absces, pnemonia in her right lung, and a hole IN the actual stomach. She was in the hospital for 3 months and finally got to come home. She had to go to the hospital two more times after that, and on the second time, they kept her overnight and had to take her to the Intensive Care Unit. She is, now, in the ICU as I'm writing this and is on a venilator due to difficulty breathing, high temperatures, and nausea. We tried to get our money back, because we signed up for their insurance thing, but they denied it and said that we had to come ALLLLLL the way back to Mexico to get it fixed if we wanted our insurance thing. How could we make it back if my momma was so sick that she had to stay in the hospital for 3 months? This has been the worst experience of my whole life. Please pray for my momma.
cheyenne000
on 6/1/10 7:07 am
VSG on 03/25/16

I am sorry to hear this ..my prayers are with you and your mom

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

AlittleFaith
on 6/1/10 7:20 am - Pasadena, CA
Oh my God.

Many prayers and good thoughts headed your way. I'm so sorry.
Information stage: 281 pounds
One week pre-op: 268
Two weeks post-op: 253
Current: 218 (I only weigh when I go to the doctor!)
Goal: somewhere in the "normal" range of 139 to 174. We'll see when I get there!
First fill: 2.5 ccs (5/26/10); Second fill: 1 cc (6/28/10); Third fill: 1cc (8/4/10); 4th fill: .5ccs ; slight unfill: .25ccs (11/3/10) = (4.75ccs total)
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind..."
grannymedic1
on 6/1/10 7:21 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Oh sweetie, I am soooo sorry to hear of all your troubles. I sure will be praying for your momma and you, too. Please post here with updates on your moms condition, so we will know how best to pray.

As for you, here's some big (((((HUGS))))))  God bless you, child. You take care of yourself, too. Mom will want you to keep up with school, if you are still having classes.

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/10 7:28 am - AZ
So sorry to hear of this. I don't think the nightmares with some doctors will ever end.
MARIA F.
on 6/1/10 8:48 am - Athens, GA
So sorry to hear this! Sending prayers!!!!
Ms_Swoosh
on 6/1/10 9:30 am - Indian Trail, NC
I am soo sorry to hear about all the problems you are having.  It wont help you get your money back..but if it were me... i would write your story down as a letter to the editor and send it to every newspaper I could think of.... You might be able to protect someone else....

Swoosh
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

cushingsa
on 6/1/10 10:13 am - Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
 Oh sweetie that's terrible.  I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.  Now that she's getting good care she should be well soon.

Sharon

"He is able who thinks he is able." 
Buddha

anonymouslyobese
on 6/1/10 1:30 pm
I'm so sorry for you and your mom.  I send love and hugs and wishes to get well soon.

Lunasweetz69
on 6/1/10 2:02 pm
Oh hun! I am soooo sorry to hear you and your mother are going thru this horrifying experience. I wish there was a way this man can be punished, but I believe he will get what he deserves! My prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there. I work in the medical field and seen some horrifying things go down, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

We are here for you!

Twice the Woman...Half the @$$!!!

Most Active