Daily Post--8/19/08

vivk1010
on 8/18/08 2:59 am - Greeley, CO
I havent got an answer for this one, I just try to eat 3 meals a day and 1 or 2 snacks. It is hard, sometimes I miss being able to eat but size 14 is better than 26 so I just over it. Vivienne
rose56
on 8/18/08 8:16 am - holbrook, NY
not there yet so sorry
JustJean
on 8/18/08 11:53 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 08/25/06 with
I don't know how one could adjust their own thinking, but for me, the past two years have been about learning a new way of life. I read labels and plan meals; something I've never done well before. I have actually been having trouble eating enough each day to fulfill my protein requirements, so I've been having some issues with foamies. Not sure why this is suddenly a problem, but I see my surgeon next week, so we'll talk about it then. Anyway, for me, it became a way of life after following doctor's orders for so long. I see so many on the boards and even at our surgeon's support group meetings that think they know better than their doctors, and eat things they shouldn't, don't follow the eating/drinking rules, etc. It's no wonder they don't do so well! If you follow the rules rigidly for awhile, they become second nature and it's not so hard to avoid the "bad" things down the road.
debim3
on 8/19/08 12:38 pm - Roberts, WI
I have no idea. I, like everyone else, have issues with food - before it was eating too much and now it's not eating enough. Food is both a blessing and a curse. It tastes so good and gives you energy, but it also makes that scale go up and the pants tight. So part of me loves it and part of me hates it.
Vanishing Vixen
on 8/20/08 12:28 pm - NJ
I see it as both. It's like shoes. You buy the sensible flats for work, right? But sometimes, you have to indulge in those heels... The same thing with food. I eat my protein. I drink my water. Every now and then I let myself order dessert. Of course, I eat two bites and stop, but it's still a treat. Like those heels. It's working for me, but I'm not saying it's for everyone.
~ Robin ~
on 8/20/08 12:58 pm - Muskegon, MI
I have no expert advice here. I'm learning from all of you.
jqx4
on 8/20/08 3:08 pm - Rives Jct, MI
I wish I had an answer for this one. Jules
Most Active
Recent Topics
SURGERY ANNIVERY COMING UP.
danette56 · 0 replies · 408 views
Olive Kids
knightwolf · 0 replies · 657 views
Protein shakes?
pgrorud · 3 replies · 854 views
Free Recipes