(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 11:24 am, edited 12/30/09 9:03 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
thenecklacelady
on 12/30/09 10:25 am, edited 3/7/11 9:40 pm

teri0021
on 1/4/10 12:32 pm - Arvada, CO
RNY on 08/25/14
On December 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM Pacific Time, Joyce P. wrote:
 Thanks, Daisy, for your heartfelt response.  I use my blog on this website, it's actually pretty full.  I've documented every step of the way.  My tough workouts at the gym, set backs, and other little things that have happened along the way.  The thing that makes me most upset about my surgery is that Dr. Pompa told me that she made the "smallest sleeve she had ever done".   I guess that means in length, right?  I just assumed she meant width.  

I couldn't understand why I was starving on my first day post op.  All I could think about was eating.  My stomach was in such hunger pain.  I just tried so hard to ignore it.  My husband was nauseous and vomiting for 3 days post op.  He didn't even think about food.   Now I am usually hungry more often than not.  I try to only ever eat healthy foods.  I try to stick with protein first, but like you said, it's calorie dense.  

Many have asked me if I would do it again if she were to offer to  fix it.   I think so, but I think I would ask her to have an assistant who was more experienced.  And of course I couldn't afford to pay anything more.  

I'll read your blog if you give me the link!  All the best and a very Happy New Year to you, my dear!

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time!  I saw that Dr. Asceves did your Upper GI.  I assume that you had him look into why you're having such trouble.  What was his advice to you, and can he help fix it?

Teri

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/09 9:45 am
Hmmmm you say 20% fail, where did you get that figure? If 20% fail than 80% succeed.
abbysmom
on 1/10/10 9:03 am
Have you and your husband been satisfied with Dr Aceves so far?  I am considering a revision and using him and am asking people with experience with him what they think. 
thenecklacelady
on 2/7/10 1:04 pm
 My husband and I both loved Dr. Aceves and his staff.  They were caring and professional.  The hospital is beautiful and clean.  I couldn't recommend him highly enough.   I like that you stay in the hospital post op, as apposed to Dr. Pompa's facility where you recover in the hotel.  

I'm going to try calling her on Monday and see if I can get her to fix things up properly.  I feel I should get at least what I paid for!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/10 2:54 am

Joyce, I'm sorry this has happened to you...!!!'t make out what the heck you have....I can't make out what the heck you have...

Does Dr. Aceves think it could be fixed...? If so, do you think maybe in time you will try again...?

Blessings to you...

cyndy

thenecklacelady
on 2/7/10 1:05 pm
 Thanks, Cyndy... Yep... I just might try again.  I'm going to call Dr. Pompa.

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 5:17 am
I am so sorry that you have had to go through this.  I lost wonderfully with my surgery, but have gained back weight all because I suck.  That being said, I am very proud of your commitment and you should be as well.  Keep up the hard work and know that you have people who empathize and sympathize.
Most Active