I'm have duodenal switch surgery this Thursday

PeteW
on 1/24/23 11:21 am
DS on 03/09/23

Thanks for the encouraging words. I do feel alot better. So the post op two weeks liquid diet. Are you on a time schedule with chicken or beef broth? I get the sip water every 15 minutes. Does it have to be all water?

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 1/24/23 12:54 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Hi there,

Good to hear. One of the things I did to help with nerves was to go armed with a whole list of questions for the things I was nervous about. I had lists for the surgeon, dietician, and nursing staff. By the time my pre-op bloodwork was done, I felt a lot more educated.

Hopefully your clinic has educational information and diet advice/requirements they're sharing with you. The plans by clinic can vary greatly, so not sure if yours will have the same diet/stages mine does. I was on two weeks of high protein liquids after surgery before being moved to the next phase by my surgeon. If yours is similar, it might include some of the things on the list I'm including below about the stage 2 diet.

It's got some good info about that stage overall and suggestions about schedules. Some people set timers or use one ounce cups...I just always had a bottle of liquid with me. To meet my goals, I was sipping literally all day the first couple of weeks. Some people set alarms. I couldn't take big sips, though, so just kept working at it.

It also includes some typical fluids that might be on your clinic's plan. I don't like sweet things, so mostly stuck with water, Unjury chicken soup protein, my clinic's required vitamin protein, and decaf tea. They should give you protein and fluid goals, which I've also learned can vary. Initially, I was aiming at 64 ounces of total liquid with 80g of protein.

Definitely use your clinic's standards, but this might give you some idea of what to expect. Hope it helps!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

PeteW
on 1/23/23 7:23 am
DS on 03/09/23

Good Morning

I am scheduled for duodenal switch surgery on 3/9/23. I am having anxiety issues. I been on tik tok, IG, FB looking at videos, testimonials about the pros and cons. I am nervous about losing to much weight where i look sick. CW 352 my goal weight is 215-230. I more nervous about the post op that everyone says when the regret starts to set in. Any advice for me

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 438 views