Eating Disorder - Yeah, I have one

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 11:40 am - Long Island, NY
Unfortunately, it was ****quality ice cream - only 3 grams of fat a sandwich ... Boo.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

a_new_mii
on 7/21/11 11:10 am - AZ
 Janine,
Hang in there honey!  Sometimes you really do just need to tie a knot and Hang On!!! It sounds like now is one of those times.  Just remember that all these challenges make a person stronger.  (Probably not what you want to hear, But It is the Truth). You never really know how strong you are, until you have muscled your way through the tough times, and come out the other side.
 I think we can all agree that many of us are in the same "Emotional Eater" boat!  Occasionally we revert to the things that give us comfort (food).  You can't beat yourself up over a behavior that you've lived with probably all your life! Those are called "Life Style Changes" for a reason.... it's been a lifetime behavior that won't change overnight!
Remember that you have people who care about you and want you to be strong enough to come through this smelling like a Long (thin) Stemmed Rose!

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 11:41 am - Long Island, NY
Thank you so much!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Kayla B.
on 7/21/11 11:57 am - Austin, TX
Janine,

Thank you so much for sharing.  I know it's cliche, but admitting the problem to yourself and others is really a great step.  I hope you are able to get something meaningful from the talk-therapy.

I believe I had, have, and always will have some sort of issue with disordered eating.  I'm an emotional eater, bored eater, and stress eater and I continue to struggle with this, even post op.  I have tons of sympathy for you. 

There is probably not much I can do in the means of advice for you, but I wish you nothing but the best.  You are not alone and you are more than welcome to PM me if you want to talk.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Janine P.
on 7/21/11 12:07 pm - Long Island, NY
Thank you so much Kayla.  It helps to know that I'm not alone.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

sassyjonz
on 7/21/11 12:12 pm - Atlanta, GA
Janine, you are sooo not the only one with an eating disorder or feeling trapped.  I am sorry you are going through such a rough time.  Unfortunately, the DS doesn't change our family or our living arrangements, it only changes us.  And we can only control how we chose to react to the situations and stresses in our lives.  I used to handle stress by eating.  I still do to some extent but now I handle stress more effectively with exercise.  It serves 2 purposes: It gets me out of the house for a while and away from the environment and people who make me feel "trapped" also known as my family; and it counteracts the effects of the crap I eat.  In addition, exercise is a very effective way to alleviate stress.  It gives you time to think or vent or strategize your situation.

I'd like to suggest a book by Louise Hay called "I Can Do It".  It is a small book of positive affirmations for living and comes with a CD.  I preferred listening to the CD.  You may find it helpful...I did.

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 10:55 pm - Long Island, NY
I will buy the book on Amazon.com today. Thank you!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Jody W.
on 7/21/11 1:02 pm - Windsor, CT
Janine....
I totally understand what you are feeling... The only thing that I can advise is conquer one thing on the list at a time... and at the least you are moving forward beside just standing in the same place.... I am not even gonna say anything about the food... because it has nothing to do with that.... I hope that you have a therapist that u mesh well with... because I have found after going through 5 or 6 that it is SUPER IMPORTANT.... we are here.... don't forget that...

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 10:56 pm - Long Island, NY
Hi Jody, Yeah, my therapist - I found my golden ticket.  She's amazing.  I got super lucky when I got her.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

KathyA999
on 7/21/11 1:33 pm
((((hugs)))) hon.  So sorry you're going thru this.  Try not to take out family and neighbors and random people driving down the street. 

On the other hand, you're cuter than a bug in a rug, per your avi pic.  "Ya got that goin for ya..."

:-)

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views