Acid reducer question

CharleeG
on 2/28/11 1:24 am - Jonesboro, AR
I have never had GERD or any problems with stomach acid, so am pretty ignorant of acid reducers. However, I think my poop has gone toxic. I seem to be spewing something like Alien blood (acidic-ly speaking) out my arse and it is on FIRE! Someone posted about taking an acid reducer to help with this. I've searched and can't find it. Does it need to be a prescription or is an OTC Zantac-type sufficient?

Fascinated One
on 2/28/11 3:04 am - Atlanta, GA
Don't know about acid reducer, but don't forget about Butt Paste. It gets rid of the burn. BTW, any type of bread does that to me. My butt loves that I cut out any and all forms of bread from my life.

Hope you find a good fix soon.
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
CharleeG
on 2/28/11 3:11 am - Jonesboro, AR
Good ol Boudreaux's! LOL Yeah, I have that end (pun intended) handled, thanks. Just need to reduce the toxicity of the effluvium.

walter A.
on 2/28/11 5:53 am - lafayette, NJ
been taking Rx prilosec 4 years 4 acidic bowel and hemorrhoids acid does discriminate
Anna G.
on 2/28/11 6:34 am
Zantac might help, but you may need a PPI like Prilosec, and it's available over the counter now. Good luck!!

CharleeG
on 2/28/11 6:51 am - Jonesboro, AR
Thanks y'all! This is the info I was looking for.

sia
on 2/28/11 7:36 am, edited 2/28/11 7:36 am - NY
 Ditto Anna. You might need to mix zantac with prilosec or a tagamet with protonix, to get the right mix that will ease your assache. Be well, Lovie.

ETA: eff me. my mind is fried.
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
Lisa A.
on 2/28/11 7:53 am - Windsor, NY
I am having the same problem you are. FIRE isn't the word. I've tried prep H, Desitin and now I'm on a prescription from the doctor. I do take an acid reducer called protonix (not helping on the bottom end though).

Sometimes the burning is so intense, I feel like puking after you know what. I hold a cold compress down there to ease the burn.

I'd welcome any suggestions also.

bell427
on 2/28/11 8:15 am

The only thing that got rid of my acid diarrhea is PharmAssure's acidophilus probiotic (6 pills a day - 2 at each meal). I didn't think they would work at first, but I noticed I get the runs whenever I don't take 'em. 

By the way, I tried the expensive Primal Defense Ultra probiotic but that one gave me even worst diarrhea . . . .  , but at least it didn't burn.  

Recent Topics