If you could give newbies just ONE piece of advice

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/10 7:48 am - AL
It's hard to just pick one!! But mine is:

SHAKES!!! SHAKES!!! SHAKES!!!

What's yours?

Stacie S.
on 10/9/10 7:56 am - Spring Hill, FL
EVERYONE stalls at some point.  You are NOT going to be the exception.  When it happens, take a deep breath, keep doing the right things, and don't panic.  Your DS is not broken. 
Courage does not always roar.  Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/10 11:14 am - AL
LOL. "I think I broke my DS." We hear that every day, huh? Good one.

Tassia
on 10/9/10 8:01 am
 You will be full after 2 bites of anything.  Sometimes, just 1 bite.  If you pu**** your stomach will evict it rather unceremoniously.  
*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128

mbumblebee
on 10/9/10 8:37 am

WORD on this advice!! 

Brain and stomach not talking since surgery...stomach pissed at brain for deciding she needed to be cut.  I wonder how long stomach can hold a grudge??

*******************************************************************************************
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible. (Bee Movie)

Princesss
on 10/9/10 8:14 am, edited 10/9/10 9:35 am - NY
Don't compare your loss to everyone elses loss. Everyones body loses differently and a lot of things will determine how fast you lose like age, gender, amount of weight needed to lose, dieting history, length of time obese, hormones, underlying conditions etc. Don't freak out that you arent losing as fast as someone else. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

ETA: Ask for an abdominal binder if they don't give you one and bring a pillow for your ride home from the hospital. You will feel every single bump in the road and they will hurt!
You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so you can fly away
You gotta make a decision
You leave tonight or live and die this way
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/10 11:15 am - AL
Or hang on tight for the ride.

MajorMom
on 10/9/10 8:18 am - VA
Give up on all those fancy "specially formulated for bariatric patients" all-in-one vitamins. Follow Vitalady's plan and tweak up or down as you get your lab results back.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 10/9/10 11:16 am - AL
That is the TRUTH!!!!! Those "fancy" vitamins my surgeon convinced me to buy were full of sugar alcohols!!! Evil!!!

Renfairewench
on 10/9/10 8:21 am
Hide your scale!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"