Pre-ops: Check in please!

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/09 2:10 am - San Jose, CA
Just out of curiosity -- how many of you have come over to do further research because you learned something interesting from the "surgery wars" on other boards over the last couple of days?  I've seen a few of you posting -- if you're lurking or even posting, please take a moment and say hello!  It's always helpful to know who is reading here.
sunnidayrain
on 7/10/09 2:17 am - TX
 I did back in May.. and yall really helped me decide to go with my gut and not settle for the local RNY which was already scheduled  even though it was much more conveinent than travellling 400 miles for my DS which is now in 12 days!!
  I m thankful for the "wars".

Ami

Adoptive mom to 3 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders     
Tassia
on 7/10/09 2:41 am, edited 7/10/09 2:42 am
I'm a convert because of the surgery wars, but from back in May as well.  And I will be forever grateful! 
*   Take 1 DS, add a little p90x and stir :)
5' 3"  HW 293/SW 253/Goal 130/CW 128

Morrigahn
on 7/10/09 3:21 am

Hello everyone!
            I have been "lurking" since May. I will be forever grateful to Kerry J. He posted on the main
board about DS vs RNY. I have been here since then, I have since changed surgeons and I now have an appointment on Monday to see Dr. Keshishian. I feel that I have thoroughly researched the DS and I am very comfortable with the decision I have made. Thanks to everyone here and a special Thank you to Kerry J.!!

Morrigahn
Kerry J.
on 7/10/09 1:33 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Wow, thanks Morrigahn! Sometimes I wonder if I'm just wasting my time posting there and on the Revision board, but hearing that one of my posts helped you, really makes it worthwhile.

Kerry
Morrigahn
on 7/11/09 3:31 am
Kerry,
 You are welcome! You are  NOT wasting your time. I look forward to your post and I will continue to
research here at OH. But, I doubt that I will post again anytime soon. I did not come here to be referred to as "stupid" because I decided to change surgeons. Kerry, once again I thank you.

Morrigahn
ladynitewolf
on 7/11/09 3:47 am - BFE, CA
Who on earth told you you were "stupid" for changing surgeons? Dr. K is one of the BEST out there - heck if I have any sort of surgery, DS or not, I want HIM to do it. Period. Whoever said or insinuated that is the stupid one, my dear. Water off a duck's back and all that, right?

~ Sarah P. 
Ask me about pregnancy after the Duodenal Switch!

They're here! My surro-sons were born July 21, 2009. Welcome to the world, Benjamin and Daniel. We love you very much!

Kerry J.
on 7/11/09 4:06 am - Santa Clara, UT
Did someone here say you were stupid? Dr. K is one of the best, he's an excellent choice. If someone said you were stupid for choosing Dr. K; that someone has been whacked in the head with a stupid stick and has no brain power left, so just ignore them.

Kerry
Georgina R.
on 7/11/09 4:43 am - Bakersfield, CA
Dr. Keshishian is fabulous!  I'm sure you'll love him!  I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
Chad M.
on 7/10/09 4:08 am - Indianapolis, IN
Weird. I converted in May as well from an almost certain path to an RNY (which would have been a horrific mistake for me). And yes, it was basically because of the DS'ers getting info out there.