Stinky Gas post DS

tillmacc
on 4/28/09 3:51 am - Antioch, TN
So, I hear that the gas after a DS can be extremely stinky. Are there supplements or anything that can be taken to minimize or eliminate such an odor?
yorkieGal
on 4/28/09 3:59 am - Clermont, FL
HI, I take a probiotic morning & evening, and occasionally I take a 10 day course of flagyl. I eat some activia yoghurt every day and I am fine, in fact my hubby thinks I fart less now than I did pre DS!!! and boy do I eat alot of carbs, pasta, white rice, cookies, mashed potatoes etc as I am tryingg to gain some weight back. Don't stress about it, everyone does it and you can do stuff to help with the smell. Some people take devrom, a kind of internal deoederant, but I have never felt the need up till now,

Yorkiegal xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

tillmacc
on 4/28/09 6:42 am - Antioch, TN
Anna G.
on 4/28/09 4:10 am
At 7 months out from surgery I haven't had an issue with this; and I suspect it's because I started taking a good probiotic 3x a day about 5 months before surgery. I also avoid white bread, pasta and rice completely. I do eat wheat bread and crackers.

A good probiotic is a must for DS patients! It will keep the good bacteria flourishing.  If there's already an overgrowth of bad bacteria, then a course of Flagyl can get you back on track. Some people take a maintenance dose of Flagyl every day, but I would use that as a last resort.

Devrom is an internal deodorant. I've never used it. I have heard some people say they get great results with it though.

tillmacc
on 4/28/09 6:44 am - Antioch, TN
Anna G.
on 4/28/09 6:48 am
I use the Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra. Here's a link. If you're a new customer you can use the code SON688 and get $5 off any order.

It doesn't have to be refrigerated, but some of the good ones do, so be sure to pay attention to that. You want it to have as many billions of organisms in it as possible.

bordumsetzin
on 4/28/09 8:40 am, edited 4/28/09 8:40 am
HIJACK!!!!!

HOLY SMOKES WOMAN - Look at you MIss Anna!!!!  That AVATAR ROCKS!  You look AMAZING! 

Dana
Anna G.
on 4/28/09 8:45 am
Well, thank you Miss Dana!!  I just caught that smoking hot pic of you on your profile. I need to go get some ice water. You are spectacular!!!

Redhaired
on 4/28/09 4:20 am - Mouseville, FL
I do not take a probiotic and I do not have gas issues.

Red

Recent Topics