Things for newbies to consider, Spark People and pill organizers

KRWaters
on 4/21/09 12:51 am - Manteca, CA
You all know I am getting ready for my surgery in 28 days. This morning I started on Sparkpeople.com and found all sorts of information, etc. Previously I had been on Fitday.com, another place to track what you eat.  I also just ordered 4 "medicine chests", a place to keep daily/weekly pills organized per Tom. My old one is just not as useful any more so I ordered 4 new ones to hold my pills for a month till I have to refill it.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/09 12:59 am - Woodbridge, VA
I have yet to find an online food tracking site I really like. Sparkpeople didn't even have the NSA Carnation Instant Breakfast in their database. That was the last time I tried to use that site. Fitday has VERY limited name brands, and the search function is crazy (example: I looked up "strawberry" and couldn't find just the fruit because they had it under "strawberries" or vice versa - it was a pain). I've had the most luck so far with The Daily Plate (now at livestrong.com), but even though they have the best foods database, it's got some annoying quirks when it comes to entering the foods. Maybe I should just start my own tracking site

I bought some pill sorters, and one thing I've found is that not all of them are deep enough to hold all the pills I need to take at a time (stupid giant calcium pills!), so that's something to watch out for.
linda1814
on 4/21/09 1:09 am
 Like you Jill, I found that I prefer The Daily Plate.  I tried FitDay but almost everything had to be a custom entry and that just takes too long.

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/09 1:39 am
Jill--I've found the same thing with Spark People, but since I liked the site and the fact that I can add/save my own in a folder, I use it and then simply go to Daily Plate when something isn't in the database. 
KRWaters
on 4/21/09 1:40 am - Manteca, CA
To be honest, i have n ot started using Sparkpeople yet, just signed up and browsed a bit.  I found adding my own foods to fitday worked well, but then some of the things I did not save properly and could not delete them so that is why I went with sparkpeople this time. I have not yet checked out The Daildy Plate. Let me know if you find something worthwhile Jill.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

KeepTheFaith
on 4/21/09 1:02 am - BATON ROUGE, LA
Karen, where did you order your pill boxes from and what kind did you order. Just curious. I was looking the other day and for whatever reason couldn't make a decision. I am just so nervious about everything and want to make sure that I have everything that I will need.

sia
on 4/21/09 1:05 am, edited 4/21/09 1:06 am - NY
 Which pill organizers did you order? I'm in the process of sorting out the Vitamins thing and trying to decipher exactly what I need and where to get it from. Ordered clothes for the hospital, ready to load up the ipod, ordering protein soups and drinks galore. You know this drill already.  Any other tidbits you learn along the way, please continue to post. I love hearing them!! 

ETA: Didn't know you were posting the same question, Faith. Sorry for the redundancy. 
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
levittown_loser
on 4/21/09 1:30 am - Levittown, PA

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Linda :.
on 4/21/09 1:19 am - carmel, IN
Hi,
I just ordered 4 of the medi trays that Tom recommended and I love them, they are called medi trays, and I got them for $4.95 a piece at Med Merchant web site, their number is 1 800 646 2680.  they came super fast and I just filled them all Sunday.  The individual day pill box pops out so you can just carry it wherever you go, it is awesome.  They are large enough to hold all of our vitamins and your regular medicines also.  Check it out... 
linda

levittown_loser
on 4/21/09 1:33 am - Levittown, PA
WOW ... That's an amazing price!   And they are the big ones right?  It doesn't have the measurements.

http://www.medmerchant.com/medi-tray-pill-organizer-p.html?cat=0&page=1

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Recent Topics