Lori B's Divine Breakfast Casserole

J S.
on 3/2/08 8:40 am - Omaha, NE
If you haven't had a chance to try the breakfast casserole that Lori B posted last week, you seriously need to. I just made it and it is DIVINE!!!! As a kitchen novice, I'm grateful that we have people like Lori B experimenting for us.
Lori Black
on 3/2/08 9:04 am - , IN
I just made more this morning too!!  This stuff is awesome. I tweaked the recipe even more this morning to add even more protein!  Lot of cheese never hurt anyone, right?  Well, at least not us DSers!  The new recipe has 33 grams of protein up from I think 24.  SUPER YUMMY!  Glad you liked it too!!! Oh, and BTW, I'm a kitchen novice too that is learning to LOVE cooking because of my new love for ACTUALLY tasting the food I'm eating!  Used to be that I'd just inhale it!! lol!!! Lori's Breakfast Casserole (Edited for changes) 2 rolls ground sausage (I used country style)  (small rolls, mine were 10oz each) 6 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and buttered on both sides & cubed 4 cups shredded colby-jack cheese 8oz pkg Philadelphia cream cheese 8 eggs 1 1/2 c milk 1 T mustard (can use dry mustard) 1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper 1 tsp garlic salt 1/2 of a green bell pepper, diced 1/2 of and onion diced 1 sm can mushrooms Brown sausage and drain.  Spray 13 X 9 pan.  Spread cream cheese on bottom of dish.  (Can soften first in micro) After toasting and buttering both sides of bread, (I made my toasted and buttered bread in the skillet like grilled cheese, w/o the cheese) cube bread and place on top of cream cheese.  Sprinkle on one cup of shredded cheese.  Spread onion, mushrooms,  and green pepper evenly over top of bread.  Sprinkle 1 more cup of cheese next.  Now add sausage and then top with remaining cheese. Whisk eggs, milk, and other ingredients together and pour evenly over casserole.  Cook at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.  If casserole is still a bit runny, cook longer and check every 10 minutes.  I like mine very brown and bubbly and cooked it today for 1 hour and 10 minutes.  8 Servings Nutrition breakdown per piece: (not including butter) Calories: 772 Carbs: 19 Fat: 60 Protein: 33
monax4
on 3/2/08 9:18 am - Central, CA
Thanks Lori! I can't  wait to try it.
Monax4 SW/227, CW/171, 5'3.25"

J S.
on 3/3/08 12:13 am - Omaha, NE
Thanks for the revised recipe. Bring on the extra cheese!

I know what you mean about cooking. It's actually fun to get in the kitchen and be productive. Of course, it helps having the energy from losing some excess weight.
hokiefan
on 3/2/08 9:47 am - MD
Oh this looks yummy!
moore972003
on 3/2/08 10:18 am - IN
Hey, I made it this morning, too.  Yum!  Now I want to try some of those B&B recipes that Julie posted the other day.  I love breakfast for dinner and I could see me eating these casseroles for any meal.

Mandy                                     ***See my blog for appeal info***

J S.
on 3/3/08 12:10 am - Omaha, NE
Same here! I'm actually planning on having the casserole for my dinner. Yum!
Most Active
Happy Hump Day !
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 121 views