Realize band failure

them2854
on 8/3/12 6:37 am - Lafayette Area, LA
 I've had my band since 1/2008 and am having it out next week because of erosion and infection. My symptoms are low grade fever all the time, mid back pain, I had a period of 2 days after some major life things were happing I was exprememly stressed I couldn't eat it was so tight had it loosened and everything was fine. Except I would have extreme back pain after eating and now my port area is very tender. Good luck!

Higest/Now/Goal   290/220/180ish

Trevcait
on 8/5/12 2:49 am
 Update.  Had a EGD and the band slid all the way to the bottom of my esphogus.  So I have to have surgery to either reposition or remove.  I haven't had success with mine so I am leaning more toward removal.  I am not willing to do the bypass.   
thinlizzie12
on 12/11/12 11:47 pm - KS
DS on 01/24/13
You are not alone. I had my band placed in May 2007. I cannot tell you how mny fills and unfills i have had so far,
I never felt restriction....only stuck. Even with being unfilled....if it was that time of the month I would gurgle on liquids....and knew not to eat anything solid that day.
All in all I had lost approx 12 lbs....in 5.5 years. I know the band may work for some people but it didn't do anything but feel like i was being strangled from the inside. I have never been able to eat a nice healthy meal...salads wouldn't even go down...and yes...I chewed until I had liquid in my mouth. I was a self made bulemic.
Since being unfilled in August my hair has started to have re growth.....I'm not starving all the time and yes, Ihave gained back my 12 lbs.
I am being revised in Jan to the DS. I cannot wait until this band is out of me. I only hope that this weight that Iplanned on losing in the first place comes off. I cannot wait to feel full again. I am one of the lucky ones.....my insurance covers revisions....good luck to you
struggling
on 10/26/14 10:03 am - MI

I do know how you are feeling (or were feeling at the time of your post). I am a complete failure at this. I had a band revision in January of 2014 and have lost NO weight. I don't want to go back to my Dr because I am embarassed to be such a failure. I have no self control with this band. I was fully motivated and did well with first band until it started to leak. Revision to Realize band has left me feeling depressed.

fedup129
on 3/3/11 7:20 am - NJ
I had the origional Lap-Band in 2006, I lost about 100 pounds, then Poof!  It ended.  I had NO restriction at all after about 18 months.  I also began to have pain, such pain that I needed a Percocet for it to stop.  I went to the Dr and was told that I had an ulcer and was given meds to fix it.  Then I gained about 75 of my pounds back and went to the Dr for a fill (as I said, I had no restriction)  I hadn't gone earlier because the more I gained the more I was worried about the Dr, thinking I was a failure.  Before I knew it, I was almost at my start weight.  I went to a new Dr who told me I had a band slip.  Now, 5 years after my first surgery, I am planning the band removal then I will have the bypass.  

I totally feel your pain!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Endoscopic sleeve
stephgfl · 2 replies · 891 views
The last 35 month
julielynn · 3 replies · 8485 views
Misery Loves Company
lbmg · 1 replies · 9052 views
I want it reversed!
fatfifty · 8 replies · 11026 views