BigViffer’s Posts

BigViffer
on 4/24/17 11:33 am
Topic: RE: Introduction of a new member

Hey, another familiar "face". Good to see you again!

"The strength of many to crush you might stop me."

BigViffer
on 4/20/17 7:03 am

lol, yeah I know what the Bat Signal is. Adam West will forever be the Batman that I compare all others too. I never missed an episode. I was just confused as to the context in this situation.

But thank you anyways for trying to help!

BigViffer
on 4/20/17 7:00 am
Topic: RE: A little lost on this forum - Site specific help sub-forum?

"You cannot edit or truncate quote text."

Well that is just plain weird. I'll just have to find a workaround because I cannot stand having an entire Charles Dickens post quoted when I only want to comment on one sentence.

BigViffer
on 4/20/17 6:57 am

Ah, excellent tips. Thank you all.

BigViffer
on 4/19/17 5:06 pm

I have been on several forums over the years and thought I was relatively familiar with most of the platforms. However, I just cannot seem to figure out how this forum works.

I cannot figure out how to truncate quoted posts to make them easier to read.

When I go to notifications and click any of the new items, it always takes me to page with the title of the thread, but then says "No Replies Found"

I can't find my activity or post history...

I think you guys get the idea. Heck, I couldn't even find a sub-forum for site specific help. Is there one? Anyone able to point me in the general direction?

BigViffer
on 4/19/17 8:31 am

Well, two days into my membership here and I already got moderated. The email I received was from a "Do Not Reply" address, so I went to the "Contact Us" and then Member Services. They want my name, mailing address and phone number just to inquire about being moderated?!

Perhaps this is not the forum I should be a member of after all. That is creepy and invasive.

BigViffer
on 4/19/17 3:56 am

Once I become acclimated to this forum, I may delve into my personal routine on here. I don't exercise anymore, I train. There is a bit of a difference. It's not meant to sound snobbish, but there is an important delineation between the two. Exercise is what you do to stay healthy. Training is what you do to obtain a fitness goal.

Like I said, once I am more comfortable on this board I post a long winded topic on te benefits f barbell training.

BigViffer
on 4/18/17 7:53 pm
On April 18, 2017 at 12:29 AM Pacific Time, Lipsticklady wrote:

HEY HOTTIE!!

I may be hot, but I've never been mistake for an internet model like some of us...

BigViffer
on 4/18/17 7:49 pm
On April 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM Pacific Time, VSGAnn2014 wrote:

Hey, Viffer! Good to see you here.

If that's your bod in your avatar, wowzah! Great work, man.

I'm doing great. Coming up on three years post-op soon and managing maintenance well so far. The learning never stops.

Hubby and I just got back from a long transatlantic cruise to Portugal, so I've been quiet here lately. How lovely it is to have a life! :)

I spend most of my OH time in the VSG Maintenance Group, which is full of absolutely lovely people. Can't recommend them enough. BTW, you can find that group under Community / Online Support Groups / VSG Maintenance Group. If I'm reading the activity stats right, it's the most active group here.

Again, so nice to see you here. Welcome. :)

lol, yes that is me in my avatar. I think I have some sort of body dysmorphia because I just don't feel as though I where I should be yet. On one hand, it keeps me motivated. On the other, it leaves me frustrated much of the time.

Speaking of frustration, I did not want to quote your entire post. I only wanted to include the relevant portion. However it doesn't seem to allow me to truncate your post.

BigViffer
on 4/18/17 7:43 pm

OK, I am drawing a blank on the reference. Bat signal?

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 5:23 pm
On April 17, 2017 at 11:05 PM Pacific Time, ThatMeanOne wrote:

I'm not quite sure how it happened. I think I am actually pretty nice - but I don't suffer fools gladly and I may have diplomacy issues.

Ha! That's my quote! St Paul from his second letter to the Corinth. "For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise."

My name is Paul BTW.

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 12:02 pm

That actually surprises me quite a bit. They were all pretty chatty. I assumed they would continue to be so. I am not so chatty, but I do chime in where I feel I know a thing or two.

I will say that the layout of the forum is completely different than any forum I am a member of currently. It will take some adjusting.

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 11:58 am

Love the forum name. I've been called that many times myself.

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 11:57 am

Glad to hear it! Here is some motivation for you, 245lbs x5 deadlift , 180lbs bench, and 200lbs 3x5 squats. All new PR's in the last week. It's hard on our limited caloric intake and having to take a few steps backwards to correct form, but is all worth it.

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 11:03 am

Thank you all for the welcome!

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 11:02 am

Yeah, I am familiar with the group that migrated here back during the dust-up. I'm sure that I will run into them all eventually here. I didn't have the emotional investment as many of them, but they are correct in pretty much all they have said about the site. I had hoped it would return to a sense of normalcy like many of the other forums I have been on, but it just shows no sign of sanity returning.

BigViffer
on 4/17/17 8:50 am

Greetings all,

New member the site, but I am not a new patient. I had my sleeve surgery back in February 2015 and was a member of another forum for the past two years. The inmates have pretty much taken over the asylum and I just don't belong there anymore. So I am dipping my toe in the waters here to see if it is a better fit.

A little about me: I am not a big talker, but I don't mind sharing personal experience and what knowledge I have gleaned over the past two years. I like to think I know more than many, but I am not so arrogant to believe I know more than all.

I am in to motorcycle touring and strength training. My before surgery weight of 330 made those hobbies either difficult or impossible. I made it down to 198 before I started seriously focusing on weight training and I have been holding at 220-ish for several months. I feel better than I have in decades and dare say I look better than I did in my teens! I'm thinking it is the distinguishing grey hair.

Anyways, I am looking forward to some conversation, giving and receiving reasonable advice, and just generally hoping to find like minded patients like myself.

Most Active