Post your own pictures, here's how...

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 7:56 am - Somewhere Else

***wonder if people are tired of this yet, it's been over a year of it*** This question seems to get asked on a daily basis so I thought why not just post an answer instead of responding to all the questions all the time

As you can see by my profile, you can add tons.

Doing it this way also saves people from having to follow separate links to picture trails etc...to find your pictures.

***PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST, SO YOU WON'T MISS ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT NEED, THANKS ***

Please keep in mind that you should be sure that your files are not too large, and that your pictures also are not too large as this can overload the server and also cause your page to load slowly for people. This can be especially frustrating for anyone on dialup. We want our profiles to be shared, so let's keep it simple for people to be able to view them by keeping our files small enough

This is how I do it, but you can use any photo server of your choice....so here goes, hope it helps some people out, the OH-photo team gets overloaded, so the more of us who can post our own, the better.

I use photobucket.com to add my pics to my profile. It's free and easy.

Just get your username and password set then start adding pics to the site. After they're uploaded, you'll see 3 different text lines under each pic (Be sure that your account is set up to show all 3 codes, go into account options and click yes on all 3). (I also find it easier to resize your photos to the size you'd like BEFORE you upload them to photobucket...this way you know exactly the size they will appear on your profile, ahead of time. I use PaintShop Pro 9, it has some really cool features...you can download a free trial version of this at jasc.com...or you can use something like irfanview, which you can get for free at www.irfanview.com) I size my pictures to a maximum of 350-400 pixels on the longest side, I find this to be a good viewing size, not too big, and not so small that you have trouble seeing what's in the picture.

To post a picture in your photo section of your profile, paste the URL that photobucket gives you into the photo boxes in your profile.

To post a pic in the body of your profile, paste the TAG line into your text box of your profile (where you put your updates) If you want to put pictures side by side, and they are small enough to do so, just paste in the TAG line from the first, then put in 1-2 spaces, then paste in the TAG line for the second. (best is if you have them centered also, do this by putting in the HTML code < center > before the pictures (without the spaces) and the HTML code < / center > (without the spaces) after the pictures.

The OH photo team is no longer posting message board photos, as we can now post them ourselves(look in your user settings, near the top, lefthand side of the message board) , BUT if you do have problems, you can get in touch with them and get some help, let them know what problems you're experiencing and I'm sure they can help guide you through, or get the photo posted for you. The photos for the message board can be no larger than 100 x 100 pixels and 20 k in size. You can also add pictures to your signature by copying a picture which you have hosted and then pasting it into your signature box, keeping in mind that there is a limit of 2 inches in height for signatures.

If you'd like to have your *before & after* pictures added to the *before & after* page, please contact [email protected]

If you need these directions at a later time, you can get it from a link on my profile, I decided to add that feature for those who are looking for this information but can't find one of my posts

Good luck and have fun. Linda~

Evie
on 7/4/06 8:02 am - Arnprior, Canada
Smile!Hey you!  Whoa!  Heehee!  Just passing by and thought i would say HOWDY! TTFN!!Smile!

Evie

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 8:11 am - Somewhere Else
LOL hiyas Sweetie... Hope you're doing well! Pouring rain, thunder and lightening here, and I had to stop by the store to pick up gifts from the registry...hehe that's always fun! Now I get to have dinner alone...blah. Hugsssssssssssss
Evie
on 7/4/06 9:35 am - Arnprior, Canada
Ohhhh, how come you are eating alone!  Smile! Not nice!  It has been raining, thundering and lightening here for days! (Off and on of course)...Must be getting our residue!  Smile!   Anyhow, ya your wedding sure is close hu!  I have to say hun that I really doubt that Randy and I will be able to attend.  It was very nice to get an invite, I love weddings but our budget just doesn't!!! We would have to rent a hotel, eat out...bla bla bla...and have a babysitter for my two foster kids and I doubt I could get my Mom to do that for me as the kids are a handful!  I do apologize but definetly keep watching your mail....i will send ya a little something from Ottawa way!  Smile! I truly wish I could make it as I would Love Love Love to meet up with Val, and you too of course!  Anyhow...gotta fly.   Have a terrific (hopefully dry) evening! Throw on some chick flick and enjoy the quiet while you can!!! TTFN Kiddo!Smile!

Evie

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 10:31 am - Somewhere Else
Howdy dooo... W had a company dinner tonight after the annual goft tournament LOL. The boss had a BBQ at his place on Sunday too, which was fun. I wish you guys could make it, but I do understand if you can't, it does get pricey when you come in from out of town. We'll have to visit another time :-) ... I'll keep my eye on the mail, Lord knows I watch it daily LOL, still waiting for response cards! Have a wonderful evening!
MZSEYE
on 7/4/06 8:34 am - Splendora, TX
ONE MONTH AND ONE DAY AWAY TILL Bride  Groom  Wedding Cake 

~~PAM~~
JULY 26, 2006  I AM  LoserA LOSER!!!!
PRE-OP 248 ~DAY OF SURGERY 233 ~AS OF NOW 180~ TOTAL 68#S

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 8:43 am - Somewhere Else
LOL I know, and I think I need another 6 months to prepare hahaha Wow, it sure is coming up fast!
MardiGras
on 7/4/06 8:58 am, edited 7/4/06 8:59 am - appleton, WI
you will be such a gorgous bride, especially with your wedding being done with an older motiff, as you had said. you are a classic beauty. well, anyway, now that we rescued another dog, i bookmarked your info on posting pics. for dh. my new baby needs to be in my profile too. and with butter's help today, dh and i made my profile nifty. he had to do most of it. mardi

5' 8"/ 274 lbs / -144 lbs = 130 lbs. now  

BMI / 19.7

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/06 9:04 am - Somewhere Else

Awwwww thank you so much, Mardi! You're so sweet. Good for you, you took in a new fuzzbutt....that's great. Your profile is looking good too!

Hugssssssssssssss

MardiGras
on 7/4/06 9:38 am - appleton, WI
thanks. mardi

5' 8"/ 274 lbs / -144 lbs = 130 lbs. now  

BMI / 19.7

Most Active