WLS should NEVER be considered shameful or frowned upon!

Turtle Lynn
on 7/16/12 11:43 pm - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Wow!!!  I hope you reported her!  That is unbelievably rude, inappropriate and unprofessional. . . I'm sorry you had to experience that {{{hugs}}}

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Jess B.
on 7/16/12 11:51 pm - IA
 Thank you!! After I sat down with her and had a very long talk things seem to be better!!
SophieNJ
on 7/17/12 3:07 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13
Rant all you like...I think it's healthy!  Jess, I wish that when I was 24 that wls was as advanced and 'common' as it is now (and that was oh sooo long ago).  Better that you do it now, then spend most of your life being miserable, trying to diet/exercise/etc.  Naturally thin people, or the few and far between dieters that actually succeed for life, will never "get" it.  I am still waiting for my wls, but at least I am moving on this...best of everything to you!!
Sophie
MyLady Heidi
on 7/16/12 11:31 pm
Humans have a pecking order, everyone has to have someone to put down or discriminate against to make themselves feel better.  Look around it is everywhere in all races and cultures.  It's sad and probably why I don't relate to people and I do relate to animals, they don't judge, they just love unconditionally.
Miss_Kitty
on 7/17/12 3:46 am - New Bedford, MA
LOL! I totally agree with you about the animals. If I had a penny for every human I didn't like, I'd be rich! However, I can't think of a single animal that I don't like....since I love them all!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Roxann H.
on 7/17/12 1:24 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13
I absolutely agree!!  I am having people who are close friend and family members constantly tell me that they know someone who has gained the weight back!  And the other day these stupid teens were waiting for me to cross the parking lot and yelled out their window to "Move it Fatty"!  I was mortified!  When I got home my DH said you can not listen to those people.  They all want you to fail.  They dont want you to look sexy and healthy again.  And it got me thinking, I am proud to have this surgery.  I was ashamed when I first started my journey, but am no longer.  THanks for your post, because I know more people feel the way you do than NOT!!
SophieNJ
on 7/17/12 3:51 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13
Roxann, I am being told the same things, about they know someone who's gained back.  Well guess what I tell them, so do I...I know several people.  That doesn't mean everybody will fail.  I may be having my wls soon after you....am not liking this wait, but, what else can I do.  

As for name callers, I have found that if I turn around, look them right in the eye, and give them a confrontational "excuuuse me, are you talking to me?? (kinda with a DeNiro tone heh heh), they are usually embarrassed and go away...they don't think anyone will look, let alone stand up for themselves.  I don't know if it's my age (I did not react like that in my 20-30's) or that I am originally from NYC, but it works (for me).  If they say anything else, I will try to find something 'wrong' with them (hair, skin condition, too skinny, bad teeth, etc) and comment on that.  Yes, very immature, but hey parts of me are still a kid.
I'll see you around the forums!  Keep strong!!  and listen to your DH, he knows what he's talking about!
Sophie
Miss_Kitty
on 7/17/12 4:01 am - New Bedford, MA
Hee Hee.....sometimes being childish works! If someone's name calling ****** me off too much, just point at them and shout "CHILD MOLESTER!!!" Oh how embarassing and shocking for them! And now look who is getting all of the stares!!!

Which is worse.....to be called a fat cow, or to be called a child molester?!!!! Case closed!!!!!

Two wrongs don't make a right.....but it certainly evens the score!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

feistyemm
on 7/19/12 2:59 am - Westchester, NY
 Do you know the comedian RON WHITE? His concert "You can't fix stupid"?

You can say to someone, "Physical things change, but YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID."
Miss_Kitty
on 7/17/12 3:52 am - New Bedford, MA
I once saw on a talk show about teens (and adult) bullies who picked on the obese. When the person came out thin and sexy, the bullies patted themselves on their backs saying they were glad they helped! I wanted to smack them so hard!

Congradulations on having your surgery! Congradulations to all who have had this surgery!

And to those who don't approve of the surgery......screw you!!!!!

Most Active