Disappointed w/ me!

bellmama1
on 11/16/11 1:48 am - Monroe, NC
I had my original surgery 05/07, I had a revision on 9/11. The first surgery was successful and I lost 129lbs. I then fell in love with a wonderful man and over time I gained 50lbs back. I then had the revision. I HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT since having it. I am 2 months out and have lost 5lbs....I do not know what I am doing wrong. I am going to the gym and trying to eat the things on the bariatric plan that was given to me by my nutritionist. I don't know if my body has just turned on me and has decided that it is not going to lose weight anymore. My husband is doing his best to be supportive but I am becoming very depressed. I am ashamed to go back to my doctor because I am sure that I am the only person that this hasn't worked for. Please suggest if there is anything that you think that I may be able to try or that I can do different that may jumpstart my weight loss. I am desperate! I feel like jumping into traffic.
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 1:58 am - Lancaster, OH
NO jumping into traffic allowed!  Stick around here.

I can't see anywhere what kind of surgery you had in 2007, nor what you revised to.  If it was RNY with a revision to another RNY, one suggestion is to post this on the RNY forum, too.  Plenty of 'em (RNYers, that is) here, but you'll get even more input if you can be more specific about the kind of surgery you have.

I know you'll get good help here.
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 2:01 am - Lancaster, OH
Oh, and....  Don't be ashamed to go back to your doctor.  Plenty of weight loss surgeries do have mechanical problems, so, it might not be your fault at all.
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 10:26 am
wow,, I have found someone else going through the same thing as me!
2005 RY successful but I did not follow did not loose all I wanted...didnt take advance of my "last chance" after the death of my Dad and loosing my job.
I have a revison to the Duodernum switch this past April ( also had my gallbladder removed at the same time) .....unsuccessful.. I lost 6 pounds the first 2 weeks and then I have had major constipation and have gained a total of 27lbs....UGH.   Origianl surgery I lost a proud 80 lbs and never gained more than 5 lbs above my lowest weight for 5.5 years.  Had to have the galbladder reomved and ask my surgery if I could get a "re-do" much to my suprise he agreed.  He was conservative and only moved it to the most conservative length due to his concern I would have the extreme bowl movement (also a side effect of the Gallbladder surgery).  we insurance just approved to go back in ...so Monday is the day.  I am so worried it wont work.  the dr said only 40 lbs is the expected amount of weight to expect which seems low since I need to lose 70 more lbs. He will not reduce the size of my pouch( which I know I have stretched out) due to having alot of scare tissue around it and round the liver.

Tell me more about what you have had done.
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/11 1:01 pm - San Jose, CA
OK, now your story is different from your post - but still WRONG!

You did NOT have DS in April.  No.F'ing.Way.  You just got a modest adjustment to your bypass.  You have been LIED to.

And I don't know what your surgeon is planning to do to you on Monday, but you-damn-skippy he isn't revising you to a DS this time either.

You need another surgeon, and a different surgery.  NOW.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/16/11 3:02 pm
You know your posts make no sense, right?

There is no Duodernum anything, so you need to STOP what ever is lined up for you on Monday, and LEARN wtf is going to happen before you let any one keep cutting you, and leave you with nothing but messed up scar tissue!
poet_kelly
on 11/16/11 3:30 am - OH
What kind of surgery did you have in 2007 and what did you revise to?  What caused the weight gain after the first surgery?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mkbeany
on 11/16/11 3:33 am
If you are eating and exercising like you should, there is nothing to be worried about.

If you are not- you know what to do.

Take a good look. If you are not writing down your food...start.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Miss_Kitty
on 11/16/11 4:39 am - New Bedford, MA

Aw, honey, don't blame or be ashamed of yourself. It's not your fault what your body is or isn't doing. You're sticking with your diet and excorsizing and everything you were taught to do. (even if you've strayed off your diet here and there, it's still not your fault!)

Do see your doctor or nutritionist. But, please don't blame yourself.

And congrats to finding a good man! They seem to be going extinct these days, so hang on to him!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!