Addicted to Ice Coffee...ME???

MommyosaRose
on 7/20/11 4:38 am
Pre-op and up until this summer, I was never a coffee drinker because I simply didn't like the taste of coffee and only once in a Blue Moon would I have a Dunkin Donuts ice coffee with extra cream and extra sugar (to improve the taste), but this summer I seem to be addicted to the darn thing! I make my own because I certainly cannot afford to buy Dunkin Donuts all the time and dang flabit they are sooo good I can't stop drinking them!!! I don't make protein coffee, so I'm drinking it just regular with FF half & half, a shot of French Vanilla and Splenda to taste. I feel like am doing something wrong by not adding some protein to it. How bad is that? Anyone else on this coffee kick that didn't like it before???

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

laurenskapolska
on 7/20/11 5:23 am - Windsor Locks, CT

I am addicted to DD ice lattes with skim milk.  I looked it up and it's 120 calories!  i just don't understand it.  I could drink them like crazy too -- and expensive.

Are you getting regular blac****d coffees and adding your own FF half and half?  If DD has FF half and half, I'll switch.    

mkbeany
on 7/20/11 5:31 am
I am a Starbucks addicted fool.
365 days a year. I do not miss or I start twitching.

Grande Skinny Vanilla latte.
Fat free. Sugar free.
130 calories of goodness.

So...sue me! I have no other vices.
(other than shopping for shoes.)
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
M M
on 7/20/11 5:33 am
 Coffee is THE #1 tranfser addiction post gastric bypass surgery.

I'm waiting on the study that confirms this.

MommyosaRose
on 7/21/11 4:26 am
It also seems to kick in around the 1year mark. If this is my transfer addiction, I am so OKAY with it! 

Kim S.
on 7/20/11 5:43 am - Helena, AL
Well, consider me transferred....although my addiction to it and love for it was just as bad pre-surgery!  I'm a plain Jane black coffee drinker though.... and I adore espresso, but do not like the foo-foo coffee drinks.

If I drink too much my right eye twitches, so that keeps me in check!

Kim

mrsfoye
on 7/20/11 6:11 am - Providence, RI
That used to be me but what I do now is take about 8 ice cubes some vanilla syrup instant coffee to taste about 3 Tbs.of FF half and half and 2 scoops of chocolate Carmel protein let it whiz soooo good try it you will feel guilty cause it taste so rich you can also add some unsweetened cocoa and a little water to get it to the thickness you want 
Still Fawn
on 7/20/11 7:07 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I never drank coffee pre-op.. NEVER. But I did drink Mt Dew like it was my life line. And with ADHD, the caffeine kinda was. When I had surgery I told myself no more soda, forever (I *hate* the diet sodas, plus the acid in soda is awful for your teeth!). Lo and behold about a year post op I tried a latte and have been hooked since! Ha ha. If I am getting it at Stbx, I add two scoops of protein. At home I don't usually. Instead I use Hood Carb Countdown instead of my regular milk (I usually use full fat dairy)- it has 6 protein and 35 calories- so drinking a LOT of coffee doesn't sabotage me in the least.

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

jerseyjuji
on 7/20/11 7:38 am
 Beth's post is interesting to me because I have noticed, among my wls friends, that there are several who choose to drink coffee (decaf) rather than eat.....
for myself, yes, I often use coffee with FF creamer and splenda to quell hunger. I guess it is a little better than alcohol and shopping, lol.
MommyosaRose
on 7/21/11 4:20 am
It's certainly cheaper! Well...in my case anyways!  

Most Active