help, vitamins are making me nauseous

grovegirl
on 5/21/10 8:08 am
Hi

I'm almost three weeks out from VSG surgery.  So far I have not had any nausea at all EXCEPT for the two times I have tried to eat a chewable Bariatric Advantage vitamin.  After taking it I have almost immediately had to run to the bathroom to vomit (although nothing really came up).  So I'm very worried about not taking a vitamin when I know it's so important.

I have been swallowing my ppi pill and my ursodial pill with no problems.  I have also eaten eggs, refried beans and cottage cheese with no problem.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/10 8:20 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You might want to try another chewable.  I use the Centrum Silver chewable, because I'm post-menopausal, but you might try the Adult Centrum Chewable, which has iron included.  You may also need to take your calcium citrate separately, as iron interferes with the absorbtion of calcium.

I'd suggest checking on the VSG forum for exact info regarding the calcium, as I'm an RNY and my calcium requirements are probably different from yours.

Good luck!
poet_kelly
on 5/21/10 8:45 am - OH
Try a different brand of chewable or try a liquid.  Or take vitamins you swallow.

Kelly
rbb825
on 5/21/10 12:11 pm - Suffern, NY
Try centrum silver chewables. Since they have no iron in them, you can take them with your calcium and they taste much better than the regular ones.  But remember since they have no iron, you must take a separate iron supplement which is a better idea anyway since multis dont' have enough iron anyway.

RedSox15
on 5/21/10 11:13 pm - MA
Hey GroveGirl!  So weird, I just posted the exact same thing on another board.  I have been wicked nauseous on the bariatric vitamins.  Specifically the multivitamins from Bariatric Fusion and Celebrate.  They were AWFUL tasting!!!  Never felt more nauseous in my life 
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active