Zucchini??

mypuddinpie
on 9/3/09 4:19 am
Hi All, Just checking to see if anyone has a good recipe to share to help me use up a large zucchini. I know I could lightly fry it in cooking spray but I was looking for something a little more fancy..like a sauce or something. Thanks
Blessed15
on 9/3/09 4:24 am
Hi,
I bake my zucchini in the oven (slice it thin) at 350 for about 45 minutes. First, spray the pan with Pam. Then add the zucchini slices. Next add sugar-free tomato sauce. Finally add low fat cheese. It's wonderful and the kids will eat it too!! Take care. Lis from IL

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 5:20 am - River Falls, WI

I agree  -- I love it prepared this way! I also put on some freshly chopped basil -- one of my summer favorites.

Ann

So Blessed!
on 9/3/09 5:42 am
A variation

Slice the zucchini along with equal parts onion and place on a nonstick baking sheet.  Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and toss.  Season to taste with a salt and freshly cracked pepper.  Roast uncovered at 350 until the veggies are tender and the onions are starting to turn brown.  The caramelized flavor of the onions is awesome.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/09 4:37 am - AZ
On September 3, 2009 at 11:19 AM Pacific Time, mypuddinpie wrote:
Hi All, Just checking to see if anyone has a good recipe to share to help me use up a large zucchini. I know I could lightly fry it in cooking spray but I was looking for something a little more fancy..like a sauce or something. Thanks

I make twice baked zucchini and yellow squash (kinda like twice baked potatoes).  I love it!  The recipe is on my profile.

dreamcatchers
on 9/3/09 4:48 am - South Glens Falls, NY
 I posted the same question about a month back. You can find it under previous posts here on main board and on the recipe board. I got alot of replies!!
Some yummy too!

Lisa
OliviaD
on 9/3/09 5:11 am - MN
I have a zucchini bread recipie (like banna bread)

mypuddinpie
on 9/3/09 5:14 am
Thanks for the ideas gals. Yes, I love banana bread...I'd love the recipe...please do share.
AMYH-M
on 9/3/09 5:20 am - League City, TX
Scoop out the center, fill with raw ground turkey seasoned with allspice, cinnamon, and cumin.  Top with tomato sauce and bake.  I actually mix in medium cracked wheat, but that is more carb than some people want.  I serve it with feta cheese and a mix of Greek yogurt/chopped cucumber/crushed garlic/chopped mint leaves.  The rest of the family also eats flat bread with it, but that is too much bread for me to handle.
dreamsgirl
on 9/3/09 5:32 am
Stuff it!!!  Hee hee hee....just clean out the inside a little and stuff it with a good meatloaf recipe.  Bake it for an hour and it's yummy!!!!!  Just like stuffed peppers but longer....

Tari
Most Active