Recent Posts

FindingAndrea
on 6/15/10 10:28 pm - Waterbury Center, VT
Topic: RE: Dartmouth Hitch****
I love Dr. Trus, he is very caring, kind and a fantastic surgeon. I like the entire team. He was able to get the approval for my surgery and I had it on March 3rd of this year. I see him  for my four month appointment on July 8th. I am hoping to be at a 40lbs loss by then.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

kim_britt
on 6/15/10 12:34 pm - White River Junction, VT
Any luck with the denial?  How has it been working with Dr. Trus?  I am scheduled for rny with him on 7/1...
JEllen
on 2/13/10 4:27 am - Capital Region, NY
Topic: XP: PRICE CHOPPER COUPON BOOKS!!!
Hey Neighbors... you may be able to use this info.. i know there are Price Choppers in some parts of your state... check it out...

WOO HOO!  If you have a Price Chopper in your area they have a coupon book available at the Service Desk that is valued at $60.00 off...

That of course, if you purchase EVERYTHING in the book.

However.... THERE ARE SOME GREAT COUPONS FOR US PROTEIN EATING PEOPLE!!!

Pure Protein Hotn healthy bars $2.00 off 4

Pure Protein Bars $ 2. off 2

Pure Protein 35gr RTD shakes $1.00 off 2

Pure Protein 21 g RTD shakes (4pack) $1.00 off

RTD Met-Rx protein plus $1 off 2

Met-Rx Bars... $2 off 2

Body Fortress Whey Protein $1.00

Also coupons for various yogurts, vitamins. $2.00 of Ester-C

$4.00 of Osteo-Bi-FLex

And they are all good until the end of March!

Hope you are able to pick up some of these great coupons!

--put the cash in your NEW CLOTHES FUND!!! lol

Cathy Gott Lambie
on 2/4/10 8:41 pm - Loudon, NH
Topic: Support Group Meeting
 Hello!  Hope all is well with everyone!  Can someone tell me if todays support group meeting in Lebanon is at 1pm?  Thanks!

Follow me on Facebook  Cathy Gott Lambie

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/10 1:30 am
Topic: RE: Big Medicine Producer needs your help for a new project.
Hi!

I'm using an old post to get some informaton regarding a surgeon in Akron, OH.

In December, 2009 I saw one of the "extreme" shows, with people weighing 1,000 pounds and over, 

There was a woman who had lymphedema in her legs so bad that one leg weighed 200 pounds by itself, and her inner thighs had such large lymphedema tumors, the could not bring her legs together to stand or walk.

The surgeon did the de-bulking surgery, and she was able to gain some ability to ambulate and hold her legs in a normal position.  I would like to contact that surgeon, to possibly undergo de-bulking once I have reached my goal weight, which should be about late spring or early summer of this year.

I have a very large lymphedema mass on the back of my left thigh.  It needs to come off before I can get a knee replacement on that leg. On February 25, 2009, I had a duodenal switch performed by Dr. Margaret Inman (Meridian Surgical Group) at St. Vincent's Bariatric Center of Excellence in Carmel, Indiana.    As of today, I am within 78 pounds of reaching my goal weoight of 145.

I hope you can find the information for me.  If that surgeon could do that kind of debulking, with a fully involved leg, my tumor removal should be a cakewalk for him!
FindingAndrea
on 12/21/09 7:15 am - Waterbury Center, VT
Topic: I have a date- February 3rd
Hi Everyone,  I just got my date today. I will have a conversion from a lap band to an RNY on February 3rd. I've begun stockpiling, protien, soups, stock, protien drinks etc. I am in a very different place then I was the first time. I am much more aware of my issues and how to minimize if not stop them from getting in my way. I look forward to being on this board. If anyone has any tips, products they love advice etc. I'd always love to hear it.

Dr. Truss at Dartmouth Hitch**** is doing my surgery. He and his team are fantastic.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

FindingAndrea
on 12/15/09 6:52 am - Waterbury Center, VT
Topic: I've Been Approved for Surgery!

Hello Everyone, I've been through a three month struggle with an insurance company that didn't want to pay for a conversion from lapband to an RNY. Short story. Lots of frustrating phone calls. Customer Service Reps who were nasty to my Doctor and I. We had to get our benefits office involved on multiple levels. Finallly, the doctors connected and I fund out about an hour ago. I've been approved. I am so happy and relieved.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

FindingAndrea
on 12/11/09 12:14 pm - Waterbury Center, VT
Topic: RE: Big Medicine Producer needs your help for a new project.
Hello, I am not married to an obese man, but I am obese and trying to convert from a lapband to a RNY. I initially did well, but when my weight loss slowed, my surgeon bullied me. I then started making and canceling appointments with him. Two years later I have maintained the weight I lost, but I spent a hellish 1.5 years suffering from transfer addiction. I started drinking a bottle of wine, sometimes more to cope with my feelings of failure.

I think the story of transfer addiction and failed surgery needs to be told and I'd be happy to tell my story in the hopes of preventing someone else pain and from going through what I did. I'd also be willing to meet with my surgeon and discuss what happened. I think that would be very interesting to the weight loss surgery community.

It turns out that I wasn't really ready to have weight loss surgery emotionally and I don't think I was prepared adequately for it. I am currently writing a book about my experience. I am a professor at the New England Culinary Institute and I have a Doctorate in Education. I am an accomplished person but obesity and the reasons I became obese are tough nuts to crack. I'm cracking them though. I would love to talk with you more if my story is of interest to you. I think my story of going to work at a culinary institute and realizing I had a disordered relationship with food and how I've overcome that would appeal to the shows audience.

If you want to call  me my number is 802-505-1039. I live in VT, right up the road from Ben and Jerry's! Good thing I don't eat their product.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Andrea Silva McManus

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

FindingAndrea
on 12/2/09 6:15 am - Waterbury Center, VT
Topic: RE: Hi am new to group
I just responded to your message to me. Great wedding picture. Nice to see some current folks and participation on the Vermont Board!

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

FindingAndrea
on 12/1/09 7:15 am - Waterbury Center, VT
I am working with Dr. Truss and staff there. He is trying to get a denial from Cigna overturned so I can convert from a lapband to RNY.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

Most Active