Thank the Lord for Papaya enzyme

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/12 5:04 am
In my written instructions from my NUT was a word about papaya enzyme. She said it was mostly for RNY patients but that it might help VSG patients as well. So, I made sure to buy a bottle before surgery "just in case."

Last night, I did some really stupid mindless eating. I am not even going to get in details, because what I did will never be repeated.

I was awake at 2 am... in PAIN from steak that seemed to be stuck in my sleeve. By 3 am, I took some mylanta to try to help the pain. No go. I had resigned myself that I wasn't going to get much sleep and decided to do more research to see if this bottle of papaya enzyme would help me. A google search showed people raving about how great this stuff is, so I chewed down three of them. I stayed upright for about a half to help things along. Then, a bowel movement. I FELT so much better! A half hour after taking this stuff, I finally fell asleep!

I haven't seen it mentioned too often on here, so I thought I would post and maybe help someone else :)

Paula R.
on 10/7/12 7:21 am - CA
VSG on 08/21/12
I always have it  in my purse! Don't beat yourself up over the mindless eating, you owne it that's what matters. I've thrown up a few times, usually just the foamies where food comes up but last night I blew chucks! I let my mind take over the pouch and I learned my lesson the hard way. It's a learning experience for sure but I woudln't change it for anything!
Longs2Fly
on 10/7/12 10:59 am
VSG on 10/15/12 with
 Where do you buy Papaya Enzyme?
lmacon
on 10/7/12 11:56 am - GA
VSG on 11/16/12
Try GNC, Vitamin Shopp and any store that sells suppliments.
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/12 12:08 pm
 I got it from a health food store. I also saw it in CVS tonight.
Chalk
on 10/7/12 11:57 am - TN
VSG on 01/09/12
The enzyme is papain - used in those powdered meat tenderizers to break down the protein. That's why it made you feel better.

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

justlynda
on 10/8/12 8:46 am - Stone Mountain, GA
VSG on 09/04/12
 I get my Papaya Enzyme from Trader Joe's.