Questions for surgeon consult

2BoyzNMama
on 9/16/12 3:52 pm - CO
VSG on 11/01/12
I have my consult with my surgeon on Tues.  I'm very excited but nervous too.  Anyway, I have a list of questions for him but thought I would ask if there is any question you wish you would have asked?  Or what was the best question you asked?  I'm pretty sure I have all the "standard" ones...I've been writing things down for months when I think of them.  Just curious.  Don't want to leave anything out!  Especially since I won't have anyone with me at the appt.

Thanks!
Nickie
grannymedic1
on 9/16/12 4:59 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I wanted to know how big he made his sleeves, what his complication rates were, how long I would be in the hospital, what to expect and NOT expect from a sleeve, etc. I had already researched very well but I wanted the surgeon to tell me, too. Good luck.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

justpete
on 9/16/12 5:57 pm
VSG on 04/02/13
what's ur list?  :)
2BoyzNMama
on 9/16/12 8:02 pm - CO
VSG on 11/01/12

What his mortality rate is, what is his rate of complications - minor/major, what sort of results have his patients had, length of hospital stay , will I have a drain, what sort of leak testing does he do, long term care plan, specific guidelines for diet, long term effects of VSG/ghrelin reduction, size of stomach/technique and why, pre-op diet, exercise limits/plan, how long til returning to work, when can I drive.

Keywester
on 9/16/12 6:52 pm
VSG on 12/05/12
I asked what his mortaility rate was.  Shocked him.
2BoyzNMama
on 9/16/12 8:03 pm - CO
VSG on 11/01/12
That's on my list :)  What was his response?