calories needed to maintain weight...

docsal80
on 11/26/08 11:01 pm
 Happy Thanksgiving to all for whom it applies. 

Of course, today being "stuff urself" day in the U.S., i would think about calorie counting.  I recall that recently (maybe a few weeks ago) there was a post (with a link) regarding calories needed for maintenance based on height, age, and gender.  I cannot find that link and would appreciate anyone who has it to repost it so i can bookmark it and thus know what i'm supposed to be doing.  

I am a few pounds below goal and apparently not eating enough carbs and/or calories because i keep slowly losing weight instead of stabilizing.  What used to be a dream is now a concern.  Thank u for any help.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

REVISED GOAL:  125 lbs.

marylaw
on 11/26/08 11:08 pm - Winfield, KS
Hi, Susan.
I don't know if this was the link posted, but it's a good one. The calculator you want is the 3rd one down, I believe. http://www.healthcrazed.com/articles/calculator.htm
Hope this helps.
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
docsal80
on 11/27/08 1:27 am
 Yes, this is wonderful.  Has just what i wanted.  Thank u so much.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

myly1044
on 11/26/08 11:48 pm - TX
I enjoy The Daily Plate.  It has all kinds of charts and things to help you see if you are getting enough or too much of stuff.  Since I have been charting for about a month now I see that I'm definitely not getting enough fiber.  I love getting on there at the end of the day and see that I still have a lot more calories I can eat.  

www.livestrong.com

Lisa

docsal80
on 11/27/08 1:30 am
 Great idea and have seen it referred to before.  Thank u so much.  I will look there.

thenecklacelady
on 11/26/08 11:57 pm
I really like sparkpeople.com.  They've got lots of tools for measuring your daily intake and it's a social community as well.  Best of all, it's FREE!  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

docsal80
on 11/27/08 1:29 am
 Thank u.  Am going to tryt  that site.  It sounds good.

blessmysunnysoul
on 11/27/08 2:42 am - rio dell, CA
U will be able to eat more the longer out from surgery you are.....and eating enough wont be an issue darlin.....most of my long term light weight pals have stablized and are lovin life.....what a novel thought to have to eat to survive huh lol.....have some cheesecake and relax u wont wither away : )) Just eat more frequently throughout the day u will be fine .

All that spirits desire, spirits attain. 

docsal80
on 11/27/08 6:59 am
 Sounds reasonable but then i obsess over what is "eating more frequently" and what is "grazing".
Perhaps ur right...i am not long term enough to be comfortable with who/what i am yet.  But, i want to make sure that i am doing as many things  as i can the right way and avoid problems instead of trying to fix them later.  Proactive is the  new me...lol.  Thanks for ur input.

goddessofthelight
on 11/27/08 3:07 am - Klamath Falls , OR
OMG I can not wait for the day to have to be concerned about eating enough to maintain my goal weight.
Most Active
Recent Topics