Recent Posts

Awillis
on 9/15/14 5:51 am - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14
Topic: RE: 13 yrs out VSG (staples, not sleeve) WITH Gastric Bypass

Right Harleygirl.  I had VBG (not sleeve) in 2003 and two weeks ago revision to RNY.  Didn't even know they were still doing VBG anymore.  My staple line disrupted and I gained back about half of the weight I had lost plus it was so easy to do slider foods and eat sugar.  With RNY my sugar eating comes with a kick in the butt if I eat it which is just what I needed.   So far I am good.

NatalieKelley
on 9/3/14 11:38 pm
Topic: Feeling down...

I had my sleep study. No sleep apnea. I needed to have two co-morbidities to qualify since my BMI was under 40 at the doctors office in June. I went to see the doctor the other day because I was sick and I stood on the scale....15lb weight gain. I didn't try to gain the weight. I had actually been doing more exercise etc. I was almost in tears. I realize the things I've done to accommodate my weight gain. I don't buy clothes because they are cute. I buy clothes that fit. I feel horrible about myself. SO DISAPPOINTED. I'm in this horrible love affair with food. I made another appt with the bariatric surgeon because my BMI is over 40 now. 

roseygirl
on 9/1/14 3:30 pm
Topic: RE: VSG Surgery In Mexico

I used Dr. Ortiz in tj for my band and just contacted him for revision to sleeve. It's around $6500 in mx unless you are a revision which is another $1500. I am also considering Dr. Ungson because he seems well respected and is slower to me since I moved from ca to az. Dr. Ungson charges same.

Harleygirl2
on 8/24/14 10:23 pm - Redlynch, Australia
Topic: RE: 13 yrs out VSG (staples, not sleeve) WITH Gastric Bypass

Your surgery is Vertical banded Gastroplasty VBG. I HAD IT 13 yrs ago to and got bypassed a year ago. Sleeves are stapled, we are just stapled in a pouch shape not a sleeve shape. 

Let me know if I can be of anymore help. :)

who knows
on 8/17/14 4:30 am, edited 8/17/14 5:35 am
Topic: 13 yrs out VSG (staples, not sleeve) WITH Gastric Bypass

read my surg report and it says VSG   with the S being staples not sleeve.  I am not having much luck googling tht, it comes up with sleeve! Did anyone else have staples instead of sleeve ? is that just how they did it 13 yrs ago?  Any known complications from using staples instead of sleeve?   

hollykim
on 7/23/14 12:59 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: VSG Surgery In Mexico

you have posted onthe wrong forum for VSG. This is the VGB forum. 

All the doctor you mention are good choices. Unfortunately,dr. Aceves was killed in a plane crash last month. 

Harleygirl2
on 7/16/14 2:47 am - Redlynch, Australia
Topic: RE: VBG band is now smaller?

How are you going now ?

Harleygirl2
on 7/16/14 2:46 am - Redlynch, Australia
Topic: RE: VBG band is now smaller?

I had my VBG in 2000, I started gaining and could eat more a couple of yrs ago. Turns out I had a fistula where the 2 tummies rejoined themselves. I've now been bypassed last August. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/14 4:13 am - LA
DrewMN
on 6/28/14 9:43 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views