Finally!

Butterfly66
on 6/26/12 5:30 am
Curious to know how surgery went.  Did you have the sleeve or bypass?  I am researching both to see which would be better and would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks.  Christi
BlondeOne
on 6/26/12 6:45 am - Roy, UT
Hi Christi!  My surgery went very well.  I am at 3 1/2 months and down 43 lbs.  I know it's not a crazy amount like most others, but when I actually went in for surgery I weight 220 lbs.  It get's slower the lower you get.  I had the sleeve and I'm soooo glad I did.  I have to lose about 90-100 lbs., so nothing too drastic.  I would say, depending on how much you have to lose, is what surgery I would do.  If you have over 100 lbs., then do the bypass.  It's a more serious surgery and you will lose more with it.  If you have under 100 lbs. to lose, then go with the sleeve.

Good luck on whatever you choose. 

Highest/Surgery Weight 230 Goal Weight 140 Current Weight 190
Starting BMI 36.6 Current BMI 28
My height is 5'7.

Butterfly66
on 6/26/12 6:50 am

Thank you so much!  I may have no choice if my insurance (Altius Federal) won't cover the sleeve.  I am about where you were when you started.  I am at 225 and at 5'2", I really should weight about 110 so that is over 100 pounds.  I am just concerned about complications from the traditional bypass.  Mostly intestinal blockage and malabsorption issues I have heard about.  Thanks again and congratulations!  Christi

BlondeOne
on 6/28/12 12:14 am - Roy, UT
That is the exact insurance that I have. They do cover the sleeve, but you have to jump through all their hoops and make sure you get EVERYTHING documented. Get all your records together from all your Dr.'s for anything about weight. Submit it all to them at the same time. They require a 6 month Dr. supervised diet and you have to go in once a month and meet with your Dr. Once you've done all that, you should be good to go. I would go with the sleeve - I'm so glad that I did.

Good luck, and let me know how it all turns out for you.
Most Active