I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK?????

LUVROSE4U
on 6/12/10 7:59 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
Hello to everyone,
i was on here a long time ago im originally from california and moved to the chattanooga area about a year ago and i can not find a support group in chattanooga or hixson area to save my life. does anyone have any suggestions on support groups near any of this area . im willing to drive about 45 min to a hour to get to one if i have too.but i need to ,i am so off track its not funny . i have gone  back to my old habbits but have been trying to break them easier said then done i might say .i do drink protein shakes but not all the time, and i am back on my vitamins since i have been deficient in them all for some time .. i get them from bariatric advantage for free for a 90 day supply if you want info on how to get them let me know and i will send you the info. i dont have any friends here yet either . i am finding it hard to make friends here in this state ,not sure why but it is. i would love to get to know some others who have had weight loss surgery . i had my roux n y in march of 06 and at that time i weighed 398 and i went down to 100lbs and now im back up close to 200 i really need helop here . anyways, hope you all have a great day .

rebecca basra

Michael S.
on 6/12/10 8:33 am
Have you tried any on the suggestions that I have offered to your same question that you have posted in the past.

Check your local hospitals they will have the information.

Michael.
LUVROSE4U
on 6/12/10 8:39 am - fort oglethorpe, GA

Hi Michael,
thank you for the reply acturally i have and they told me that they dont really have too many support groups in this area but if i was to go to memphis or nashville area they have lots ,i am like that wont help me im 3 hours plus away from nashville and memphis i have no clue how far that is but im sure its not close at all. but yes i did do what you mentioned last time. so  again thank you for responding

rebecca basra

hollykim
on 6/12/10 10:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Rebecca,
would it be any closer for you to go to the outskirts of Atlanta? There might be a lot more support groups in that direction. You might post on the Georgia board,also to see if you get any response.
hope this helps,
Holly

LUVROSE4U
on 6/12/10 10:37 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
hi holly,
thank you and yes i hav posted on the ga forum, atlanta is about a hour and a half away from me not to bad ,unlike nashville or memphis or knoxville they are really far from me. thanks agian
rebecca

hollykim
on 6/12/10 11:17 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I looked on "find a surgeon" on the OH site in the Chattanooga area and came up with two names of two surgeons who apparently have support groups.

You might have to go thru the surgeons office,maybe pay a fee and then get the support group info.
They are:
E.Harris Pearce.MD
423-476-6573

Jack F. rutledge,MD
423-892-4337

Hopefully one of them will accept "adopted" patients who have moved away from their original surgeons. You could do the same thing with Ga area surgeons if these don't pan out. I don't know all the towns between Chattanooga and Atlanta.
Hope this helps,more...

southernlady5464
on 6/13/10 6:54 am
Most Active
Recent Topics