October Dinner Club

Cheryl P.
on 10/5/09 1:00 am, edited 10/7/09 11:55 pm - Antioch, TN
Mark your calendars for Friday night Oct. 30th @7:00 for this month's Dinner Club. It is going to be at Hobson Pike Baptist Church (see address in sginature line). We are having a chili sampler and fun for kids and everyone. Just bring your favorite crock pot of chili for everyone to sample. I all ready have the bowls and spoons and napkins. There will be SF hot apple cider and hot chocolate, coffee and bottled water. This is going to be a outside event weather permitting, if not there is no problem moving things inside. We are planning a hay ride, there are streets behind the church for this, so we won't have to get out on the main road. We will have music to play on the hayride. We will have bobbing for apples, roasting marshmellows for those of us that can. We will have (2) door prizes to win for the adults and treat bags for the kids and or kids at heart, sorry no SF candy. We will be able to use some of the Sunday school rooms for the kids if they get bored. There is a fenced in playground, horseshoe's and volleyball. So come on out and enjoy some great times with everyone. Feel free to have the kids dress up and if you want to you are more than welcome. The costumes for everyone need to be church apporiate, I'm sure that you understand. The door prizes are just for a drawing, there will be no contest for costumes. As always this is open to everyone, anyone, doesn;t matter what stage you are in. This is a small church, so we have opened this up to them also. If possible please let me know by 10/26 if you will be coming and how many folks will be coming with you. If you have any questions/concerns please just PM me.

Thanks
Cheryl

k9ophile
on 10/5/09 3:30 am
Sounds good.  I don't cook a lot, so I'll be searching for a chili recipe.   I'll confirm for sure if I find a recipe that tastes good.  I don't want to cause mass food poisoning.  LOL  Or can I just buy a bunch of Wendy's and pretend that I do cook?

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Cheryl P.
on 10/7/09 11:53 pm - Antioch, TN
You might look on the reciepe forum here on OH, I have used several of them. IF you want to pick up some of Wendy's chili that will be fine too. Are you still planning on dressing up?

Cheryl

k9ophile
on 10/8/09 3:55 am
I found a recipe on the 'Net for chili that I will take out for a "test drive" before the 30th.  I'll bring the recipe so that everyone can see what's in it.  Might I suggest that everyone do that as well?  I know that some ingredients can be difficult depending on the type of surgery one has had and I don't want anyone to be surprised.

As for the dressing up part...  I have an old formal of my Mom's that I can't find:( and I'm too cheap to look around for much else.  If I can pull something together from what I already have and less than $10 to accessorize, I'll dress up.

See you soon!

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Wendy Warren
on 10/7/09 6:28 pm - Smyrna, TN
hey Cheryl.....gonna try to make this one

The only time you fail is when you fail to try!!!

Cheryl P.
on 10/7/09 11:51 pm - Antioch, TN
Hope you can make this one, heck make it to all of them.............hehe

It will be great to see you again been wayyyyyyyyy too long. Bring your mom and dad along too. You know everyone is welcome.

Cheryl

Most Active
Recent Topics