Wow 7 years ago today

smiley_k
on 8/1/12 12:41 pm
Congrats on 7 years Joyce and thanks for sharing your experiences! You're an inspiration!
Katie  ♥     

merly6800
on 8/1/12 12:54 pm - Canada
Hi Joyce!  Congrats and thank you for coming back here to help us all! 
Karen M.
on 8/1/12 11:20 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Oh Joyce - I love you dear.  A huge congratulations on all of your accomplishments.  You have been such a wonderful friend to me and I so appreciate all of the support you have given me.  And others.  For 7 years!

Be well, my friend.  I love you.

Karen xoxo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

PINK62
on 8/1/12 11:48 pm - Canada
thank you Joyce for the inspiring words.  My surgery was Feb 10, 2011.  since then I've lost 107 lbs give or take, however in the last month I've gained back 10 lbs...I am so angry at myself.  I know my issues:  1.  I haven't exercised, my execuse no AC this summer at home and it's too hot to exercise...2.  because it is too hot been eating Ice cream and cold treats 1 is ok but 4 a day not ok 3.  been stressed with various issues mainly work, that is then is brought home and then causes arguments and stress at home...It hasn't been a good time this summer.  I am very upset, cry at the drop of a needle and things are just down...However, I've read and re-read your post today.  I promise you but mostly me, no more sugar...back to the way it was and I will start my exercises...no execuse!   Give me 3 mths...I hope to lose the 10 lbs and more! So today is August 2nd...I will post b Nov 2!   Thanks again and it is so hard when people don't really understand your issues...I've even had people who  have had surgery not get what I go am going through...It was nice to know I am not the only one going through ups and down with this! 

Life is full of challenges...we take things one step at a time...

Joyce J.
on 8/2/12 12:29 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there
Thanks for your kind words.
I went through a really rough patch about a year and a half out of surgery. I left my alcoholic husband. I was a total enabler and only wanted him to be happy, unfortunately as time went on I realized that only the alcohol(and my ability to afford it) made him happy
Then as I was dealing with him harrassing me and a horrible divorce my Mom died................... I just wanted to crawl into a hole.
I am just so thankful although I made bad food choices at times I was mindful that I didn't want to gain my weight back

Now is the time to do some thing about it before it really gets out of hand.

We are all good at excuses. I can attest to that.

Go back to basics if you have to. Fix one of your "bad" things at a time. Yes, it is hot to exercise. I have no excuse there, I go to the Y LOL
See if you can find an aqua fit class or go to a pool and just do your own exercises.
As for the crying have you talked to your family doctor about this?

You can do this. We are all here to help in any way we can
You are not alone, many people on this board suffer with the same issues. Some will tell you and some will suffer in silence.... Suffering in silence is not the answer
Take care and I wish you all the best with the promise you have made to yourself.
Try tracking your food if you don't already(good and bad foods)

Take care, have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

PINK62
on 8/2/12 2:33 am - Canada

Thank you Joyce, I've started today...right after your post! I feel better already and I am pinning your post to my wall at work.  Thank you for your kind words...and your so helpful advice...big Hug and it is nice to know others have gone through the same and have worked it out, so can I.

Life is full of challenges...we take things one step at a time...

kellybelly333
on 8/2/12 1:40 am - Toronto, Canada
Love you!! Congrats darling!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

jennlea
on 8/2/12 4:40 am - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 12/06/12
Thank you so much for sharing. Very inspirational Congratulations on your 7 years!

Jenn

Referral to Guelph: 3-May-11    Orientation: 22-Mar-12     Nurse & Dietitian: 30-Apr-12     Sleep Study: 2-May-12                 Social Worker: 9-May-12       Upper GI: 14-May-12      Ultrasound: 17-May-12         N, D, SW (2nd. appt.): 4-Jul-12          Post Op. Class: 9-Sept-12    Surgeon: 24-Oct-12      Optifast: 22-Nov-12    PAT: 30-Nov-12      Surgery: 6-Dec-12 

Niki L.
on 8/2/12 6:18 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
Congratulations :)
Most Active
Recent Topics