Tuesday - Sept 29th: Next Inconvenient get together dinner!!

Tom C.
on 8/24/09 10:48 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Since everyone had a good time the first time around, let see if we can capture lighting again.

A few of you have mentioned you’d like to get together for a dinner. We can sit around, meet each other, share our trials and tribulations and maybe a few laughs. While we want to help each other lose, maybe we can also help each other gain  … a new friend or two (or 5).

Each time we do this, I will try to “move" the location - since no one location will be convenient for everyone.

While the date has been confirmed, the location hasn’t (just yet).

This time I would like to keep in “New Brunswick" area. The only drawback I hear about New Brunswick is “limited" parking. So anything in that area would be fine (Edison, Piscataway, Bridgewater, etc), and suggest a restaurant.

Someone mentioned Old Man Rafferty’s. (http://www.oldmanraffertys.com/ ). Funny thing, I located an Old Man Rafferty in Hillsborough which is big, could accomdate us, and has ample parking. It’s off Route 206 – but I am not sure if that would be inconvenient for most.

Someone else mentioned D'Italia in Woodbridge (but I cannot locate an on-line menu).

Again, this is a GROUP effort – so let me know.

In the meantime, for the “newbies" here are some meeting request. I hope I don't offend anyone - it's not meant to be that. Just helpful. 

(1) If you want a separate check, please let the server know prior to taking the orders. It’s a hassle to ask the server to do this later on. And some places won’t do this if the crowd is too numerous.

(2) Usually when we do a group meeting, I like to divide check by the total  number of folks at the table, instead of trying to figure out who had what. (If someone brings more than one person, they multiple the total owed by the number of people they have). Now I understand if you only order a coffee and someone else has a Filet Mignon with a 5 lbs Lobster – then we can address that more diplomatically.

(3) Please bring CASH (unless you want a separate check). And please make sure you have an assortment of bills. It’s really difficult to make change when everyone brings only 20’s.

(4) Bring a CAMERA!! Even if you are like me and camera shy, you’ll still want to take some photos of the folks who are there. I don’t have one or I would.

(5) Bring “proof" of your former self. Nothing says “how far you have come" like older photos. Even if you lost only 1 pound, bring your “before" pictures (and at the last meeting we all agree we hate that word only. Be proud of any amount of weight you lost).

(6) Please feel free to post and link this on any other forum you peruse (ex. Lapband, Rant and Rave, Realize band, RNY, VBG, VSB, etc).

Remember this is a GROUP effort. Please feel free to add your suggestion and/or voice your opinion on any suggestion. AND NO HARD FEELING – this is meant to be a pleasant experience.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
3grlsmom
on 8/25/09 10:02 am
 there is a huge parking lot in the raffertys building......usually EMPTY after 5:00......but I am happy anywhere as long as we are together!
Karen in NJ 

big_ideas
on 8/25/09 12:12 pm - Randolph, NJ
If anyone does have a menu (or info about what is available) it would be really helpful. I am big on eating out (no puns intended) but Italian tends to be the hardest place, (with all the sauces and pastas), to find something pouch-friendly to eat.

I won't mind if that is where you all choose to go. Wild horses wouldn't keep me away!

gracy72
on 8/25/09 1:01 pm - newark, NJ
The calendar is marked- Jeff and I will be there - just tell us where to show up!
Who says you can't win for losing! Gracy 

HW/SW/CW/GW
286/242/196/150 

My jouney has led me to this amazing place known as onederland....now that I am here I refuse to leave - EVER! ~ July 28, 2010

Adios to the BIG 9-0 look out 100 here I come!

julittlegirl913
on 8/25/09 1:37 pm
So when is this meeting??? You said you had a set day already.
I hope is on a Monday, weds, or Friday, so I can go...
julittlegirl913
on 8/25/09 1:46 pm
ok never mind... i know the date... it's late so i have an excuse to be dumb... but tuesdays are my late nites @ work... i'll have to check on that.. what time would it be???
StaceyNJ
on 8/25/09 3:17 pm - Brick, NJ
Have we decided on a time or what restaurant?

Tom C.
on 8/25/09 9:18 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Tentative: Looks like Old Man Rafferty's at 5:30 p.m.. Unless someone else comes up with a better spot.

(
ok, the time of 5:30 p.m. actually means COME WHENEVER. We know folks are coming from work, getting the kids off, kids+school stuff, waiting for signaficant other, etc. FYI - Last time, some folks were at the place around 5:00 p.m. and others didn't arrive until after 7:00 p.m. We didn't place the food order until 6:45 p.m..).

For information about O.M.R. -
http://www.oldmanraffertys.com/

Menus: http://www.oldmanraffertys.com/menus.htm

Direction: http://www.oldmanraffertys.com/directions.htm

According to the web page, it appears there is a parking deck - so hopefully that takes care of the parking issue.

Again, if you can think of somewhere better - let me know. This is a GROUP effort :D !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hockeymom8016
on 8/25/09 9:36 pm - NJ
I should be able to be there. Are we meeting at the one in New Brunswick or Hillsborough?

Tom C.
on 8/25/09 9:41 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

New Brunswick.

Tom

Most Active
Recent Topics