After one week of being back "to the beginning"

Tom C.
on 8/6/09 7:00 pm, edited 8/7/09 2:07 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Just over a week I mentioned I was going through a rough time. I gained about 6 pounds from my “lowest" weight. All of you were extremely understanding, and mentioned to “get back to the beginning".

I took everyone’s advice, and started from square one. Did mostly liquids, but had a few “solid" meals. Kept a journal what I ate, and made sure I stayed around 1,200 calories a day – all the while hitting my protein numbers. And I got back to exercising.

Well yesterday I jumped on the scale, and I am happy to report I lost all 6 pounds .. and additional 3 more for a total of 9 pounds. I weighed in at 260 yesterday. And if I only stay in my underwear I am 257. So I guess I can say I am in the 250’s – and if that’s the case I haven't hit that range in over 20 years.

It reinforced to me that this tool does work, as long as we follow the rules.

So I wanted to THANK YOU all for your guidance, wisdom and swift kick in the *ss!! It was greatly needed.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
hockeymom8016
on 8/6/09 9:30 pm - NJ
I am glad to hear it Tom. You are doing great!

knailnhair
on 8/6/09 10:34 pm - Milford, NJ
Way to go Casola!!!! I vote you stay in your undies!!!!!

You are an inspiration to all of us, no matter where we are in this journey you are always there to help out!!! For that I THANK YOU!!!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 8/6/09 11:02 pm
NICELY DONE!!
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Considering_It
on 8/7/09 12:47 am
Nicely done, Tom!  Good for you :)
gracy72
on 8/7/09 1:06 pm - newark, NJ
Kudos!  I knew you would do it!
Livewell
on 8/7/09 8:37 pm - Chatham, NJ
Tom,

I am so happy for you.  You always make things look so easy!

I really need a good kick in the pants myself right now.  I hate to say it, but just 6 lbs short of goal, I think that I have gotten totally complacent and have started eating things that I know I shouldn't just because I can.  I am going to be very strict with my diet and exercise this week and then take it from there.

Thanks for continuing to inspire!

Tom C.
on 8/7/09 9:18 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Hey Kiddo,

Thanks for the kind words. And since you did it to me, I will give it back. You know what to do - so do it !! For me, starting with just liquids worked. Yeah I know it will be hard, but after a two or three days you get used to it.

Know I am here if you need. And if you feel like you need a walking partner, let me know.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Livewell
on 8/8/09 12:51 am - Chatham, NJ
You are so right . . . I do know exactly what to do (don't we all!).  Not sure if I am going to completely go down the liquids route, but I am planning on going back to very simple, well-measured protein and veggie meals for dinner.  Too many trigger foods have made their way back in.

I ran 6 miles this morning and I feel so much better already.  My travel schedule may wind up changing afterall, so I may be able to join you on the 18th.  I'll let you know!

miamouse
on 8/9/09 12:38 pm - Morristown, NJ
Great work, Tom!  now onward down the scale!
Most Active
Recent Topics