In need of pyschiatrist ...Help

thinkingthin68
on 2/5/09 11:52 pm - South Amboy, NJ
Hi everyone,

Well I did all my test and visits ,and had a appiontment for 2/20 for a pysch doctor,well I just found out that the doctor is going on vacation and won't be back till end of March. He is the doctor my surgeon had written down on his list of doctors.Mind you I made the appontment a month ago and its my last letter of clearence I need. SO i am asking if anybody know a pysch doctor that will give me a clearence soon. Any names and addresses,I would appreciate it very very much...
Thanks so much
Denise
Tom C.
on 2/6/09 2:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I used Doctor Grant. I think his number is 732 583 7226. Not sure if he takes insurance (he didn't take mine).

Also, maybe Doctor Sakowitz, who post here often, can help you.

Here is a link to his site:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/drmichaelsakowitz/
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
thinkingthin68
on 2/6/09 2:14 am - South Amboy, NJ
Hi Tom,
 how much did Dr Grant charge you?
Tom C.
on 2/6/09 2:16 am, edited 2/6/09 2:19 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Since it's been over a year, I can't really remember - but I want to say $350.00 (could be higher or lower).

Here is a link which may help too

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/3839898/HELP-Need-Psych ological-Eval/

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
thinkingthin68
on 2/6/09 3:04 am - South Amboy, NJ
Thank you so much Tom.I just emailed the doctor ,hope to hear from him soon. Thanks for all ur help....
Denise
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/09 7:02 am - NJ
Hi Denise

I used the doctor at St Clare's in Dover.  You could always call the hospital and see who they are using (I know they changes since my surgery).

Good luck
Vicki
DrMichaelSakowitz
on 2/8/09 8:57 am
I'd be glad to see you.

The most any patient ever has to pay out of pocket is $175.

Good luck with whatever you choose to see.

By the way I wrote an article on the psych eval which appeared in OH....reading it will haelp you know what to expect.

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Tom C.
on 2/9/09 12:01 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Now that you mention it, it may have been $175.00. As I said, it's been over a year - and my mind isn't what it used to be.

Tom

Most Active
Recent Topics