HELP-Need Psychological Eval

bgaylz
on 1/19/09 1:13 am
Hello All

I'm having trouble finding someone for my psychological eval I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield NJ Direct (they haven't been much help) if anyone out there can recommend some please let me know . Dr.Bertha will be doing my Lap Band.

Thanks In Advance
Belinda
StaceyNJ
on 1/19/09 1:53 am - Brick, NJ
Dr Berth is also doing my lap band surgery...2/24/09..I am going to Kingley for my Nut. and Psych eval on 1/31/09..and they accept Blue Cross....Dr Bertha's office actually referred me to them...

Stacey

bgaylz
on 1/19/09 2:04 am
Hi Stacey

Thank You................I used Kingley for my nut,but I had to pay for my visits because they do not take BC/BS NJ Direct.,but this is a new year maybe they made changes and BEST WISHES with your WLS.

Belinda
knailnhair
on 2/18/09 10:05 pm - Milford, NJ
StaceyNJ.....how did everything go with your pysch and nut eval with Kingley???  I was referred to them too.
Kimi
StaceyNJ
on 1/20/09 9:29 am - Brick, NJ
Hi Belinda

I hear you..I think I may have to pay for both...the psych def but they are getting back to me about the nut

Stacey

bgaylz
on 1/20/09 10:46 am, edited 1/21/09 11:45 am
Hi Stacey,

The 1st 3 visits were $15.00 then $25.00 there after for 15mins.I called yesterday to see if they are now taking BC/BS NJ Direct  because I need a psych eval and someone VERY RUDE took the phone from the person I was speaking to and said I needed to schedule another appointment for a nut eval this is the 1st time ever hearing about that. I had trouble with them in the beginning,but I already had 3 visits and didn't want to start over with another nut,but my primary doctor stepped in and is also working with me with my meals and will submit a letter to the insurance for me. When I told the girl one the phone that then she wanted to tell me about the psych eval  for $250.00 and your insurance may or may not pay any of the bill. Dr.Michael Sakowitz price is $175.00 he's in 3 location.............................Sorry, I just needed to vent because when I called Kinsley I was in a GREAT mood

Belinda
Tom C.
on 1/20/09 9:26 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I have Horizon BCBS of NJ and while my nut eval was covered, the psych wasn't. I called them, and they gave me a list of psychiatrists who are in my plan, but my Doctor's office said it's best to go to a psychiatrists who deals weight loss. Since this was the only "major out of pocket" expense, I didn't care (I wrote it off on my taxes). But maybe a regular psychiatrists could help.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
bgaylz
on 1/20/09 10:40 pm
Hi

I did find a psych that work closely with patients seeking WLS I was surprise to hear it will take 3 hours or more.

Thanks
Belinda
StaceyNJ
on 1/21/09 2:25 am - Brick, NJ
I thought you only had to go through 1 Nut evaluation..prior to surgery..oh please tell me its true..I have my eval. 1/31 and surgery scheduled 2/24

Stacey

bgaylz
on 1/21/09 11:43 am
Hi Stacey

Did you see the nut at least 6 months? I know that required by BC/BS NJ Direct ,but I didn't know anything about a final evaluation by the nut.

Belinda
Most Active
Recent Topics