Freezing cold now that I'm post WLS.. normal?

Stacy M.
on 8/31/09 4:35 am - Woodbury, MN
Okay I'm an ice cube now after surgery.. I was a frozen popsicle this past weekend... I can't imagine what this fall/winter will be like...

Is this normal? Are other post ops frozen pops too?

I don't think I've downed so much hot tea in years! 

This is what I looked like under my blankey all weekend I was so cold!!!    lol

Stacy

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

rickpete
on 8/31/09 5:01 am - Elk River, MN
Stacy:

Um, not to be too crude, but last November I proposed that we WLS folks start the Frozen Gonad Society.  I think it does get somewhat better once you are past the rapid weight loss phase and aren't experiencing such a huge calorie deficit.  Eating a balanced diet, including healthy fats, also seems to help....somewhat.   

Good luck,

RP
healthymom
on 8/31/09 5:12 am
oh, yes, it is normal, i remember not being able to get warm during the winter, dress in layers it helps in the winter.  But it does get better, i am almost 3 years out, and i am alot better now. i know am warmer once in a while.

Kelly

Healthymom

Stacy M.
on 8/31/09 5:27 am - Woodbury, MN
thanks peeps!

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

ewbaby21
on 8/31/09 8:16 am
I get cold really easily now too!  

Morgan M.
~I joined the 's on 3/31/2009~

seashell6417
on 8/31/09 8:30 am - Gaylord, MN
I am also super cold all the time.  All I need is a popcicle stick stuck in some orifice and I could be the official new popcicle flavor of the month. 
Tami

nicole W.
on 8/31/09 9:32 am - Bismarck, ND
Totally absolutely normal. I lived in Florida for a year, and I was the only one in the state who would go to the beach in sweat shirts and pants in June! I still wear multiiple layers to work everyday, and always have a blanket handy. I am a little over 2 years out, so I guess this is just part of my life. Small price to pay for being healthy and skinny.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Connie D.
on 8/31/09 11:25 pm

***HIJACK***

Hi Nicole...so where are you living now?? I thought you were in Florida yet because that is what is on your avatar. Kind of in the back of my mind I remembered you moved somewhere else.....CRS...can't help it!!

Hugs....connie d

Lauren M.
on 8/31/09 9:55 am - Apple Valley, MN
Freezing, too.  I figured it was due to losing extra layers of insulation.  I agree, winter should be interesting. 

(12 pounds lost pre-op)

Connie D.
on 8/31/09 11:28 pm
Welcome to the new and womnderful world of being skinny!!

Yes....I have been cold for almost two years now. Always dress in layers...that works the best. And yes....winters are a whole new experience!! 

Good Luck...keep warm!

Hugs.....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1636 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1245 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2721 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2776 views