Clarenced’s Posts

Clarenced
on 3/14/24 12:31 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Bradley Schwack left NYU Langone

Was seeing him for years. He was given outstanding reviews by people in this forum. I liked him very much both as a doctor and a human being. NYU called to cancel or reschedule with another doctor just one week before my appointment with Schwack. I don't know the other doctors in this NYU practice. Does anyone know them? Does anyone know where Dr. Schwack has gone?

Clarenced
on 10/1/19 12:00 pm
Topic: RE: Checking in. I had my lap band put in almost 12 years ago. Not really using it, but it is still in

I was banded in '06. My doctor promptly moved away and it took me years to find someone who would do follow up. At that time, surgeons wouldn't follow up with patients who did not have the surgery done by them. Don't know if that's changed much since then. Although I have struggled with a few rebounds, generally I have been able to maintain a 65 pound weight loss. I'm now seen as only "a little overweight" as someone once said. I'd love to have lost 20 or 30 lbs more, but despite trying several weight loss strategies, I've not been successful in losing more weight. My doctor advised me to stop beating myself up. I have an annual esophagram and fills. The band still helps reduce my appetite and limit the amount I can eat at any given time. This is good for me because my main problem has always been portion control. But I can eat some things I couldn't eat years ago, like some breads and pasta (although I fill up quickly when I do eat them). Still have problems with stringy foods and some raw fruits and veggies.

I'm getting old, and the band may not last, so I'm curious to hear from people who've had the band removed. I'd like to know what that entailed and what the consequences were.

Most Active