Let's share some good protein options for those needing some variety!

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 4:19 am - Yorktown, VA
I responded to another post on here a few minutes ago offering some good protein foods that I ate when really trying to limit my carbs.  It gave me the idea of starting a thread on this so that those who are newbies and looking for things to eat or those who are stuck in a rut might get some new ideas.  I think having a variety of foods to go to is a good way to prevent yourself from feeling like you're dieting.

This is what I came up with off the top fo my head.  Please add your own!

Taco salad (minus shell)
cottage cheese
greek yogurt
deviled eggs
egg salad
tuna salad
chicken salad
slim jims
atkins protein bars
chocolate muscle milk (premade shakes)
string cheese
baby bell cheese
ham, chicken and turkey lunch meats (sometimes plain, sometimes rolled around a string cheese - usually dipped in mustard)
tuna patties (mix 2 cans of tuna, 2 eggs, pepper and a butt-load of shredded parmesian cheese together and fry in a frying pain with a little oil)
buffalo chicken dip
pork chops (cooked various ways - with spices or sauces or with alfredo sauce)
steak
fried mozerella sticks
chicken breasts (cooked various ways)
Sam's Choice (at Sam's Club or Walmart) frozen stuffed chicken breasts
Great Value frozen chicke cordon blue
Stew meat simmered in the crockpot with rotel
Pot roast
meatballs
sloppy joes minus the bun with tons of cheese on top
spaghetti sauce with tons of ground hamburger and parm cheese (minus the pasta or with very little)
Stea**** cooked up in a frying pan with some onions and lots of cheese - I'd eat it without a bun and even slather some mayo on top
Brok's pizza
Eggs, bacon, sausage, country ham, etc. for breakfast
Chic-Fil-A nuggets with mayo
Hardee's low carb breakfast bowl
Any type of seafood
worlfree
on 2/20/11 4:28 am - DivaTown, NC
thanks for posting cause I sure need more options

mrst2001
on 2/20/11 4:51 am - GA
 Great idea and great list!  We ALL need more options sometimes! 

To add:

hot dogs or Hebrew National knockwurst, lots of mustard, a little low carb ketchup
Chili w lots of sour cream or Greek yogurt and cheese
shrimp salad
Cheeseburger w/o bun
Steak 
Chicken sliced and dipped in blue cheese dressing
Shrimp ****tail
Taco bowl (taco meat, maybe a few beans, lots of cheese and sour cream)
Chef salad w blue cheese
Fried cheese slices dipped in marinara and dusted w parmesan cheese
Meat sauce sans spaghetti
Rotesserie chicken, warm, w Italian dressing on top
Peanut butter
Quiche sans crust
Goat cheese warmed w olive oil drizzle and eat w spoon or low carb crackers
Salami and cheese roll-ups dipped in mustard
Smoked salmon wrapped around cream cheese w lemon juice
BBQ pork or ribs or chicken
Shrimp ****tail

Revision from Lap-Band to DS on 1/9/04
5'3"  and HW/CW/LW/GW
335/305/160/140/155

Mom to two healthy post-DS babies (girl in 2006, boy in 2008)!

scoob
on 2/20/11 4:57 am - Somerset, KY
I eat lots of nuts, cheeses, love hamburger made into loads of different stuff.  Carb master yogurt from Kroger=3net carbs 12 protein!  I love shrimp 21 protein for 3 oz, yum. I make it loads of different ways as to have variety! Samon, fresh, is awesome!! All recepies.com is the place to go!! Love that I can eat beef of any kind!! My recepie folder is getting bigger and bigger!! lol Not everything I make is super low carb but I don't eat a lot of that stuff. Sometimes I get in a slump, then I walk around the grocery just looking for protein. You'd be surprised what you can find. It can be fun finding new stuff! I know, Becky did so much better. I'm only 5 months and still getting the hang of this. Just wanted to add my .02 cents!!lol

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

NoMore B.
on 2/20/11 5:06 am
Good idea Skinny Switcharoo Sister!

I like all your ideas, and eat most of them, too.  Some other things I eat:

-Mini meatloaves made in muffin tins.  I freeze them and eat as snacks or dinner for 1 when my husband is away.  I flavor them all different ways. Onion and herb, BBQ, cheesy, etc.

-Mini crustless quiches made in muffin tins.  Same thing.  Just mix up eggs and whatever protein and cheese combo you like.  I do brie, spinach and bacon, ham and cheddar, swiss and onion, etc.  Whatever you like will work.

-Shredded meats made in crockpot.  I keep shredded beef, pork, or chicken in the freezer and use inside low carb wraps, or in salads.

-Dips like 1) buffalo chicken - mix cream cheese, sour cream, Frank's hot sauce, and shredded chicken from your crockpot or rotisserie chicken  2) Crab - cream cheese, mayo, can of lump crab meat, squirt of lemon and some green onion.

-In dire hunger emergencies a spoon in the peanut butter jar works wonders for me :)

dustydeer
on 2/20/11 5:10 am
When it comes to protein, I usually sound like Bubba Gump. Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp....
and Tilapia.

So ways to eat it are endless. I keep my spice cabinet full of a selection of combo seasonings, like Mrs Dash and assorted other grilling/seasoning blends.
I use bacon like I use salt and pepper for seasoning.
Butter to cook seafood in.
Great dipping sauces for shrimp. Experiment.
Fresh lemons really help to make seafood finish perfectly. I can make a jarred ****tail sauce taste perfect with a lil extra horsey, splash of worcestershire and lemon juice.

I make baked tilapia ala mexican, greek, oriental, etc....same with the shrimp. I buy pepper strips frozen and ready to toss in my baking pan, jarred roasted red peppers, canned chilies, canned salsas from the spanish section of the grocery.

All of these ideas can be used for chicken and beef as well. I still can't eat a great amount of beef or chicken at once.

5'1 HW 298 CW 118

"Making America skinny, one slap atta time!" -Slap Chop Dude

beemerbeeper
on 2/20/11 5:29 am - AL
You did a comprehensive list!!

Hardees: low carb burger or chicken club as a low carb (lettuce wrapped).

Any burger minus buns

almonds

Val's ricotta fluff

Precooked frozen shrimp (shrimp ****tail****ep a bag in the freezer and thaw as many or as few as I want.

Steak wrapped in bacon on a toothpick
Shrimp and cheese wrapped in bacon on a toothpick
(some Sam's Clubs carry these as appetizers)

FRIED CHEESE!!!!!! Queso Blanco My new fav.

~Becky (who is writing you from Miami. Dinner with 32 DSers and friends/family in 2 hours. Boarding the Destiny TOMORROW!!!!)

Loretta W.
on 2/20/11 6:12 am - Inland Empire, CA
You guys have already listed so much.

Canned Foods (great for camping, car trips or whatever)

Kipper Snacks

Sardines

Spam slices (these come in the individual vacuum sealed pouches)

Vienna Sausage (I like these, some people don't)

Smoked Oysters

Garlics stuffed Olives.. these are still pretty low carb

Beef Jerky

Pork Rinds (use cream cheese for dip)

Stuffed Jalapenos (stuffed with bacon & cheese mixture)

Cobb Salad

Crab Cakes (real crab only, fake crab has lots of carbs)

Eggplant Lasagna

Chicken Parmesan

happydsr
on 2/20/11 6:28 am
wannablite
on 2/20/11 6:44 am - Southern, NJ
 Fantastic post! Thank you a million times over! I'm STILL preop and hanging in jumping through all the hoops! Add to this list:
ricotta cheese warmed w/low carb spaghetti sauce or a sweet version with sweetener and cinnamon. 
black bean soup (totally yummy)
broccoli & cheese soup