It's my burfday and 9 months post! Pics!

Emily F.
on 1/2/11 4:51 am
  We all have a moment or a reason that lead us to believe wls was the only solution for us. For me, it was a deadline. I've been overweight my entire life except for short, short bouts of starving myself, diet pills, running til I puked, etc. It only got worse putting myself through school, grad school, married and started having babies. I weighed over 360 with my twin pregnancy and started seeing a reproductive endo after that. 

He was a very, very blunt man. Said I would be diabetic by 30 and suffer a stroke by 40. He only hoped I could recovery well enough after the stroke to care for my family. I was stunned. I only told one person at work what he said and it didn't help when she told me to knew someone my size who was also a young mother and had a stroke.

So come Jan 2009, it was my 29th birthday, less than a year before I was to be diabetic. I felt pressure and I felt a deadline. Jan 09 I came to the DS board and I found the answer.

Now its my 30th burfday and my 9 months anniversary. I've lost 111 lb, I weigh 175, size 12. ALMOST normal bmi, 26. My underwear has gone from 11s-13s to 8s. My most ackward compliment is New Years Eve when my father asked my husband if he could handle my hot ass now. lol. Ackward. 

I thank God everyday for this board. It really is the only place anyone gets why I couldn't speak for a few minutes NYE bc I crossed my legs UNDER the restaurant table or why I left Kohl's emptyhanded bc I had no clue where in the store the 'regular' sized clothes were when I couldn't fit into plus size. I'm getting teary eyed now, so I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

I'm having trouble dragging my photobucket pics here so this is all I could do. If you want to see the before pics, they are in my profile.

Thanks! Here's to my next 30 years!!
Emily

For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
* Gail R *
on 1/2/11 4:56 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Awww Emily, you are looking darling and most of all HEALTHY! Happy Birthday

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

scoob
on 1/2/11 5:04 am - Somerset, KY
WOW Emaly, you have done awesome!! I can feel the excitement in your words. I am so happy for you!  You are one Hawt, healthy momma! Happy Birthday girly!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

beemerbeeper
on 1/2/11 5:05 am - AL
Wow Emily,

You look amazing and I KNOW you are healthy. You are also a very valuable member of this forum and I am so glad you take the time to be here!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

~Becky

Babydoll25
on 1/2/11 5:29 am - White Lake Township, MI
 Wow!!! I can see why you father would ask your husband if he could handle you! You look amazing!!! Congrats to you and Happy 30th Birthday!!!! I'm 2 years away from the big 3-0 myself!! I may have spent the majority of my 20's SMO but I am going to ROCK my skinny ass all the way through my 30s and by the looks of it so are you!!!
*Heather*                 

Emily F.
on 1/2/11 8:48 am
On January 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM Pacific Time, Babydoll25 wrote:
 Wow!!! I can see why you father would ask your husband if he could handle you! You look amazing!!! Congrats to you and Happy 30th Birthday!!!! I'm 2 years away from the big 3-0 myself!! I may have spent the majority of my 20's SMO but I am going to ROCK my skinny ass all the way through my 30s and by the looks of it so are you!!!
 the 30s won't know what hit 'em when we are there, will they!?? We are gonna rock em!
Diane Davis
on 1/2/11 5:46 am
You look awesome and SO YOUNG!!  You would never know you have twins!

I'm so thankful for your input on here!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Emily F.
on 1/2/11 6:01 am
On January 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM Pacific Time, Diane Davis wrote:
You look awesome and SO YOUNG!!  You would never know you have twins!

I'm so thankful for your input on here!
 Girl, I've got 3! and they were all huge bc of gestional diabetes!! They took a toll. But thanks!
Sarah B.
on 1/2/11 6:00 am - Plymouth Meeting, PA
You look amazing!!!!!! Love the outfits. Happy birthday and congrats on being such a roaring success!
Century Club: 3.14.10 ~ ONEderland 4.28.10 ~ Normal BMI & 150 Pounds Lost: 7.25.10

(HW 317 / SW 301 / GW 169 / CW 144 & LOVING my DS! / 5' 9")
Emily F.
on 1/2/11 6:03 am
On January 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, Sarah B. wrote:
You look amazing!!!!!! Love the outfits. Happy birthday and congrats on being such a roaring success!
 Thanks so much, I just love buying something new and fitted and then they don't fit, lol. But thanks.