FYI: Once-yearly cholecalciferol (D3) injection article.

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/10 11:16 am

Following is a link to the article about the once-yearly cholecalciferol (D3) injection with safety/efficacy information.  At the very least it can be used in conjunction with oral administration for people who have deficiencies.  Dr. Stewart offers it routinely to his patients at their follow-up visits.

docbuse.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/vitd.pdf

Julie R.
on 8/9/10 11:27 am - Ludington, MI
Dang, and I was told that this is no longer available in the U.S.   I'm going to have to call Dr. Stewart's office to see where they find it.  Thanks, Slim!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

feeder3565
on 8/9/10 11:38 am
Will be bringing this up to my endo Dr. next week. Thanks. Karen

jewel506
on 8/9/10 12:13 pm - Houston, TX

Dr. Stewart talked to me about this....but I wanted to do a little research on my own before making a decision.

Thanks for posting the article!

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

metamorphosis007
on 8/9/10 2:59 pm
 Very interesting! 
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
NancyBluEyes
on 8/9/10 7:43 pm - SouthOfTheCities, MN
Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
Nancy  Remember what you deserve. Be good to you. Do good to you. 
5'11"    HW 419 / SW 382 / CW 205 / GW 180

~ Mar ~
on 8/10/10 2:40 am - San Antonio, TX
Wow, now you peaked my interest. I was wondering where they sold this, so I looked online and saw it being mentioned. I also saw D2 mentioned as well. I wonder if we would absorb the D2 the same way as the D3 in the injectible form. I know we don't in the capsule form, but injectable? Does anyone know?

I looked it up the D3 in spanish hoping to find out if maybe they sold it in Mexico too. I did see it mentioned  somewhere that 5 vials of D3 200,000 IU was like $156 pesos or about $13. Humm... I guess that means I might have a chance of finding it somewhere on my vacation if I look hard enough. I will wait for my lab results and if I see that my levels are not trekking up I might make myself a guinea pig.

By the way... when I looked up injectable vitamin A palmitate in spanish I came up with tons of agricultural places selling it as well as vitamin D3 and E. Why can't they make it for us too? Call me crazy, but I prefer shots to taking pills anyday. Weird I know.

~Mar~

Poodles
on 8/10/10 11:05 am - TX
Thank you very much for posting this.  I read it last night, and it helped push me over the edge to get the shot today.  My D has been in the low 20's with 100,000 iu daily of dry d3 (from Vitalady) so I figured I needed this.   For $40.00 it sure seems worth it to me!

On a side note, they give it in the hip and it did sting a little.  Swear I could taste it afterwards too.  Weird, I know.

Dr. Stewart recommended that I take one D capsule to go along with the shot.  We will do labwork in 3 months and see how things go from there!

I love Dr. Stewart.
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/10 3:06 pm
Ditto, Poodles!  I've decided next time I'm in the vicinity I'm going to get the injection.  I'll still follow my labs closely and adjust my oral supplementation accordingly.   
Julie R.
on 11/11/10 6:34 am - Ludington, MI

I wonder if I can get my doc to call Dr. Stewart's office to find out exactly how they order this for compounding.    The compounding pharmacy I use swears that they no of know such animal, and I KNOW they're wrong!

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125