(deactivated member)
on 2/8/09 5:28 am, edited 4/15/12 7:46 am
Lisey
on 2/8/09 5:29 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
I will be watching & taking notes!  How far are you travelling - are you staying in a hotel after being released from the hospital?

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/09 5:35 am
KRWaters
on 2/8/09 5:35 am - Manteca, CA
Just to let you know I am root root rooting for you. Rock that DS! Rooting-tooting for U!

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

(deactivated member)
on 2/8/09 5:36 am
Redhaired
on 2/8/09 5:37 am - Mouseville, FL
The only thing I took to the hospital that I used beside my toiletries was my back scratcher.  It was a life saver.  My hospital stay was extended so I got to home the day after my discharge.  So I cannot help you with that.

Oh and be sure that you have shoes that you can just slip your sock covered foot into, ie no thongs.  You may have on compression stockings or those little sock things and it is so much better to have a pair of shoes that you can put your foot into with having to lace it or tie it or take your socks off to wear.

red

Star Jones
on 2/8/09 5:38 am - National Harbor, MD
Things I really needed:
Chapstick
lil firm pillow for the ride home
Crocs to walk the halls
Toothbrush (breath was KICKING)

Didn't need:
Magazines, books
Laptop
Ipod
PJs (I stayed funky in the original gown they gave me from surgery. I had no interest in taking a shower or changing clothes lol)

Between sleeping, TV, and visitors I didn't touch any of the reading or laptop. I brought my Ipod to drown out the hospital noise so I can sleep at night but it was so quiet I didnt need it. Your hospital might be nosier so who knows

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

Kristi H.
on 2/8/09 5:38 am, edited 2/8/09 5:39 am - Killeen, TX
I had a small fan that I was able to put on a table next to me.  I was SOO hot after I got back to my room that I was thankful I had it.  I brought all kinds of things with me, magazines, ipod, pajamas, lip balm and honestly I didn't use any of them personally.  I also had a pillow that I pressed against my tummy on the drive home.

ETA: I agree with Red on the scratcher... I had an itch on my girly area and I couldn't reach it so I had to ask the nurse   How embarrassing!!

lawgurl1234
on 2/8/09 5:53 am
Lotion too; have a loved one massage it on your legs feels oh so good.
HW 297/SW 257/pre-preg low 165/preg weight 178/GW 150

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Tenorwb
on 2/8/09 6:02 am, edited 2/8/09 6:03 am - NJ
LESS is definitely More!!!

ID & Insurance card - can be given to family member or friend when done.  

Any medical forms needed.

Clothes on my back and bag to hold them.

Change of Socks & Underwear for trip home

Cell phone, charger & palmpilot (or phone book) - all optional.

Mini shave kit. (only needed last day and hospital often provides toiletries)

CPAP Mask - Check if you have one.  Some hospitals tell you to bring the machine, some the mask only.

Peace,

William

To teach something is to have it.  To have something you must be it.   Teach peace, for that is what you are. 
To listen to me sing:   www.youtube.com/watch

Recent Topics