Holey Moley.... Protein Ice Cream is da BOMB!!

moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:00 am - IN
Okay, so I've seen a few of our RNY friends talk about making their protein shakes in an ice cream maker.  I just had to give it a try. 

I found a shake I really like.... its a vanilla ice cream flavored shake.  Usually when I make it, I throw in a few strawberries or raspberries for a little flavor.  Its really yummy, but because I make it in a blender, it comes with a lot of air.  I really can't even finish half (darned 50 cc tummy!). 

So today I went out and spent $15 on an ice cream maker at WalMart.  I decided I wanted to try and make my favorite ice cream flavor- butter pecan.  Here's what I did:

2 scoops vanilla ice cream protein powder
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 T SF Caramel Syrup (found in coffee department)

I blended this in my blender, then added some chopped pecans.

I threw it in the ice cream maker and let it do its thing.  Man-o-man is it goooood!!!

Ya'll gotta try this!  Eggface has an idea for mint chocolate chip ice cream on her blog (made with peppermint extract and SF Andes Mints) ... this is going to be my next concoction.  After that I'm gonna try chocolate peanut butter. 

This ice cream would be good even for a new post op!  You will feel like you are cheating the whole time you are eating it.  But you're not.  So eat your protein, ladies and gents!!

Mandy                                     ***See my blog for appeal info***

Samaro ..
on 7/15/08 6:03 am

OK, all this talk about protein ice cream is SOOOO going to make me go out and buy an ice cream maker.

In fact, I think I'll head over to wal-mart right now.  See what you've done?

moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:05 am - IN
Hey, blame Jupiter.  Its all her fault!!!  lol

Lori Black
on 7/15/08 6:16 am - , IN
Hmmmm...that sounds like the perfect thing to bring to my house on Saturday.  Now, how do we keep it frozen from your house to mine?  Lol!  Mmmm....butter pecan sounds fabulous!
moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:32 am - IN
If I could think of a way to keep it frozen, I would bring it!  Considering its 90 here today, I don't think it will make the 2 1/2 hour trip.  But I tell you what, I will think of you the whole time I am eating it, k?  Hehehe!

Lori Black
on 7/15/08 6:35 am - , IN
moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:41 am - IN

MelissaJane
on 7/15/08 7:41 am - near Boston, MA
Bring the ice cream maker to Lori's and make it there! 

I'm so jealous. Ice cream AND a DS get together. 
Melissa 
 HW~332   SW~306  CW~160    
DS August 2008 
Drifter
on 7/15/08 6:23 am - IA
When you say "vanilla ice cream protein powder".....do you mean just "vanilla protein powder"?....or is there actually a special ice cream protein powder?

Height: 5' 3'' HW: 300+  SW: 266  CW: 155  GW: As Healthy As I Can Be 
Proud to be
"in the categoy with EXTREME DSers who could post the same day as surgery".

moore972003
on 7/15/08 6:35 am - IN
I bought this from Vitalady:

It says Sci Fit Econo Ice Cream Vanilla.  It really did remind me of a vanilla shake when I blended it up the first time.  Its good!  But I imagine a plain vanilla would make a good ice cream when you add whatever other flavorings to it.