Home from RNY

Mrs. Scarlet
on 12/26/08 12:13 pm - KS
I have been receiving a lot of good thoughts and comforting words and wanted to give a little update. (I’m posting this on my usual boards ) I will probably not be on very often because I am still so tired…lol.  I came home last night, but the last few days were rough.  Surgery went fine until they found I had internal bleeding and couldn’t get it to stop.  I ended up getting five units of blood and medication for clotting.  My husband Brett was there with me the entire time, and I have a whole new outlook on him as a person.  I have always known that he is a good man…but I really had no idea what he was capable of, and I can’t imagine my life without him in it. And on a side note, I have never in my entire life FELT so much love surrounding me…that alone was an amazing experience.     As far as pain, I felt like I had done about 1000 crunches, but that it as far as the surgery itself.  The worse pain is the trapped Gas that floats around inside trying to get out.  Walking helps, but it seems that only time solves this problem. And to be honest, it’s the only reason I’m taking pain medication. That pain SUCKS!  I can drink as much as I did before, and have only eaten Jell-O which goes down and stays down fine.   I am already on Iron and B12, and the idea of getting the iron transfusion has been floated around, but I will know more next week.   I DO NOT regret this decision and I am still so excited to start living life like I want instead of imagine because of this excess baggage.  I will write more when I can…but thank all of you so much for your support, thoughts, prayers and vibes.
Denise G.
on 12/26/08 1:12 pm - Corpus Christi, TX
WOW!  I am so glad that you are home safe and sound.  I know you had a lot of people worried about you.  You sure have been through alot the last few days.  Well get lots of rest, take care and welcome to the losers bench!!
Mrs. Scarlet
on 1/2/09 11:48 am - KS
 Thank you!  I'm still pretty tired and not doing a whole lot...but I can already say I am happy I went through with this..lol
Laffingbead
on 12/26/08 10:18 pm - Montgomery, IL
Welcome back!  We were worried about you!

I'm glad they figured out what was going on.  And, knowing your DH is really there for you has to really make you feel cherished.

I got home on Wednesday.  My DH stayed nearby the whole day, in case I need anything or help getting up or whatever.  I imagine he'll go to work part of next week, but I don't know for sure.

I drank a lot of water at the hospital.  At home, I am supposed to keep my liquids to 6 oz per hour or 1 oz every 10 minutes.  I just don't want to be drinking practically every second.  I am managing 2 oz of protein liquid and at least 2 oz of water most hours, unless I am napping.

Take care!  Keep in touch.
Ilse
5'6"  380(HW)/316(First visit)230.2(Current)/154(goal)

luvinmyfour
on 12/26/08 11:29 pm - haverhill, MA
WOW!!! I am so happy to see you home, I checked on here often to see if you had a post was starting to get worried, every day will get easier ((((HUGS)))) to you and your wonderful husband and now take this wonderful new roller coaster ride of  your life best of luck to you 
@-(------ Michelle

Diane Z.
on 12/27/08 5:04 am - Newark, CA
We are soooo glad to hear from you!  Welcome home, and take it easy.  It's very tiring the first week out...

I also had bleeding issues and they kept me in the hospital for two extra days.  Sounds like you've been through the wringer... stay positive and do all they say!  Also, you want to make sure you get your sodium in (broth, strained soup, etc.)  My doc swears that it is necessary for us bleeders to clean up the bruising.  My stomach is one horrible patchwork of shades of purple, and I'll bet you're in the same boat!

Take care and thanks for letting us know you're home safe!

Diane Z
Kim G.
on 12/27/08 7:11 am - Plano, TX
MsScarlet I am sooooo happy u are home!!! I've been soooo worried about you!!!

You're going to do great, honey!!! PM me or email me if you need anything!!!

[email protected]

Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Approaching my 3 year mark
edwardtm · 2 replies · 1347 views
any ideas??
Saababy · 1 replies · 936 views
Getting back on track!!!
jcthinagain · 3 replies · 1509 views
2 year mark
Shystermom · 1 replies · 861 views