15 MONTHS POST OP and MAJOR problem!!!

Dana S.
on 3/28/04 4:13 am - Osceola, WI
I am 15 months post and having problem. I have had this problem for 14 months. I have severe pain on my right side almost like gall bladder attack ALL the time but they took my gallbladder during bypass. They put me on oxycontin which helped some but not much, now from all the med's I have a 25mm x 25mm ulcer on my stomach. Which is not the cause of the pain as the pain was there before the ulcer. Anyone else had this?? No doctors can seem to figure it out. Now I am on 2 100 microgram Fentanyl patches every two days. My doc says this dose would normally kill a person. Not me, barely masks the pain. And I am nauseous ALL the time. For no reason, even if I dont eat or drink still nauseous. I had an Endoscopy last week which should have been an ERCP but the dumb doc saw the ulcers and stopped the test thinking thats what the problem was. If anyone else has heard of this let me know. I am desperate. At this point I would rather be dead then live EVERY day with this pain. I am no good to my family in this condition. Thank you!!
Laura W.
on 3/31/04 5:48 am - Clarkesville, GA
I hate to hear about your problems. I had some serious back pain and they put me on Vioxx. It gave me ulcers in my bypassed stomach and the only way to fix it was to remove the bypassed stomach completly in a total gastrectomy so I can definatly sympathise. Have the ruled out kidney stones? I have them from time to time and the pain is almost unbearable, along with nausea and sweating. Laura Waters [email protected]
Suddenlysue B.
on 3/31/04 11:10 pm - Orem, Ut
Could it be your liver ? Have they done tests to see if your level there are OK ? And the Kidney idea is definately a poss. I am sorry that you can't find any help that is so scary ! I guess more frusterating than scarey though. The pain meds are what is concerning cause they will affect your liver and kidney's eventually. My prayers will be with you ,let us know if you find anything. Sorry I can't help . Don't really have any advise or answers just wanted to offer support, we are about the same post op . I had mine in december of 2002 ! Good luck and lots of hugs ! Wendy@goal
monkeesjunkee
on 4/13/04 11:22 am - Buffalo, NY
Dana, Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I have an idea about this. I am a nurse and had some similar problems. Please emial me. We can email back and forth or I can call you. If it is what I am think it is. You will be amazed. Kim Calabrese email me at [email protected]
Peter Ligas
on 8/24/04 9:55 pm - East Haddam, CT
RNY on 12/30/02 with
I know this may be a shot in the dark.... There are times which you can end up with gall stones in the duct which remains after surgery. For some reason, when they remove the gall bladder, they do leave a small stub and it can develop gall stones. Have an untrasounds and have it checked out. Peter
B4real
on 9/8/04 1:14 am - NJ
I'm so sorry you are experiencing this unknown pain, when you should be enjoying your wl journey. I can't figure out some doctors. they move like a snail, and think like a grasshopper. LOL I once (Before wls. was in so much pain and they couldn't find out what was wrong. after many test. believe me it was a nightmare. and it drains you so much. I tell you one thing, if ever I have pain like that again and it goes on and on each day. I will go to the ER and just plant myself right there, crying and moaning all the while. then see if they kick me out. I knew it was something wrong, but cause they didn't find answers they kept me coming back and forth. If there is ever a next time. I'm going to do what I mention. It still ticks me off that I had to suffer for days because of this doctor. Oh well hon, I sure hope you find out what's the problem. Hang in there **Hugs**
Peter Ligas
on 9/27/04 12:42 am - East Haddam, CT
RNY on 12/30/02 with
I know this may sounds like a long shot, but there are cases where people who have had their gall bladder removed anve developed gall stones in the bile duct. Maybe you can have it rechecked. Peter
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hellooooooooo
jeris · 5 replies · 658 views
Looking for Answers
mariahstokes · 0 replies · 550 views
4 years out.......
dlr121702 · 0 replies · 516 views
December 11, 2002--Post Op--
suzette V. · 0 replies · 503 views
any one from puerto rico ??
cynthia M. · 0 replies · 493 views