Need to talk. Surgery date 8/12.

Brenda W.
on 8/2/04 7:37 pm - LA
I need to visit with someone else who is going through this up and down emotional roller coaster I am on. HELP !!!!
carrie1403
on 8/2/04 10:39 pm - Elma, NY
Hi Brenda, My date is 8/10. I'm usually online with aol during the day. My screen name is charisy2k. Would love to chat with you. Charis
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/04 11:11 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
My day is 8/10 also....I may set you up on AIm too. My name is mum2christian on there!
Brenda W.
on 8/3/04 12:25 am - LA
Thanks so much for replying. Are you getting nervous too? I'm afraid that I'm not doing enough to get physically ready for the surgery. I think my mind is ready for it. I'm a stress eater and really don't have cravings so I think I'll be okay without the food. Lately I've become a slug though and don't exercise at all. It's too hot here. When it's not too hot, it's too rainy, or to chilly, or I have kids tagging along. I'm just full of excuses. Are you a teacher? I am but I'm taking the year off to work on my PhD.
Brenda W.
on 8/3/04 12:17 am - LA
Hi Charis, Thanks for responding. I'm getting a little nervous. How are you doing with the date approaching so quickly? It feels like I should be doing something to make it go easier. I'm having my surgery done in Texas but I live in Louisiana. I've been told that I will be in the hospital for a couple of days. My plans are to come home afterward. I don't know how that will go. What have you done to get ready? I wanted to start walking but it's so hot here that I haven't even done that. Oh well. I hope I do better about exercising after the surgery.
kdann11908
on 8/2/04 11:26 pm - Maricopa, AZ
If you need someont to talk to I am on MSN and yahoo..my email is [email protected]. My surgery date is 8/11
Dee G.
on 8/3/04 6:21 am - Thomaston, GA
I am glad to know I'm not the only one on a roller coaster ride. I am really nervouse too, but this website really does make it better. Instead of working at my desk, I am reading everything I can on site. My surgery date is 8/13so we will be losing together. My email [email protected].
lraihl
on 8/3/04 9:05 am - Joshua, TX
Hey Brenda! Thank goodness you posted this.....I thought I was alone on this roller coaster. My surgery is the 17th. Last week I was an emotional wreck. I would cry at the drop of a hat. At night I can't get to sleep - I am tired but when I lie down my brain just keeps on going. I just toss and turn for what seems like forever. It seems like the only thing I can think about is the surgery....... Are you going through this too?????? Lisa
Jan C.
on 8/3/04 9:21 am - Opelika, AL
Hi Brenda, I feel your pain!!! lol If it's any comfort, I'm feeling the same thing!! I found out yesterday that my surgery is scheduled for 08/16/04. (less than 2 weeks away!!) At first I was excited, but now I'm really getting nervous. I keep asking myself if I'm doing the right thing. I can't keep my mind on things at work and I can't sleep. Everyone here on the message board has been wonderful. They have encouraged me to go ahead with the surgery with confidence that all will go well. May God bless you with a easy surgery and a speedy recovery!! Jan
DeniseV
on 8/3/04 11:16 am - NH
Hi Brenda, Sweetie, I am sitting right next to you on that roller coaster! Believe me, I am scared to death! I go from excited to so nervous I could puke. I have total faith in my surgeon but I can't help it. I am petrified! I hate when people say that if you are scared than that must mean you aren't ready for surgery. That is crap. I think everyone is nervous before surgery...it wouldn't be normal if you didn't have fears! Hang in there, Brenda! August is going to be a great month for all of us. You are not alone in being afraid, really. I am right there with you. My AIM is denise315747 if you ever want to chat. Denise
Most Active