What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/30/24 2:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great start to the week. Mine was good. Not the quiet day I thought I would have, but it's the end of the semester, so I think it's going to be pretty fast paced until graduation. I am heading into the office today for a few in person meetings including a disciplinary meting that should be an interesting one.

My patio furniture came! Poor Grim--it's in 8 billion pieces. But I think it's going to be a nice upgrade from what we had. Instead of plastic faux wicker it's a steel frame so, if I can keep the cushions in good shape, it should last a good long time. I am looking forward to having an outdoor office again :)

QOTD: Do you believe in astrology? I've never paid any attention to it at all except to note that I am a Leo and Year of the Tiger, so clearly I have some big kitty energy. No surprise there! But I had an old coworker who was really into it and she would make a lot of assumptions about people based on their birthday. She decided we wouldn't get along because of it. Okay, sure...that's why, lol.

This is my menu plan for today but I woke up with a tummy ache so not sure what reality will be.

• Protein half-caf (I need to step down to decaf soon, but I am having a hard time pulling that trigger)
  • Egg white egg bites
  • Spinach, goat cheese & chicken salad
  • Leftover bar pizza
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/30/24 2:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

not a lot going on today. I am just not sleeping much at all. Worse than the usual. I'm really stressed out for so many different reasons. Ugh. I'll get through it like I always do. My mouth is not healing as fast as I'd hoped it would from the thrush. My lips are all swollen with a few little welts and I have severe dry mouth. Biotene is my friend! I've tried lanolin and all sorts of stuff on my lips. I hope I turn the corner today. See the dentist tomorrow and if it hasn't I will ask for liquid nystatin.

I don't think I mentioned that I found a really nice light box at the thrift store, brand new. It came with 9 backgrounds, is collapsible and plugs into a usb port. I'll include the first photo I took with it...just with my phone so I imagine my camera would be great with it.

QOTD: not into it at all. I have a friend who is really into it and is always saying mercury is in some phase and it's making so and so go crazy. I know I'm an Aquarius and a rooster but that's about as far as I go in knowledge of it. I say whatever floats yer boat!

eggs for breakfast, for lunch I might do some broth...dinner? Who knows. Hoping after tomorrow I can wear my bottom denture and eat some more solid food. I also need them to adjust the top one a wee bit.

p

Queen JB
on 4/30/24 6:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Great thrift store find! Love that chain and the photo is spectacular.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 4/30/24 9:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Partlypollyanna
on 4/30/24 3:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday!

I did not get in until late last night, about 3 hours late, but I got a decent amount of sleep, did a hip and lower back release stretching workout and I'm just about ready for the day!

qotd - no and I couldn't tell you any single sign's traits, even my own. And if someone starts going off about Mercury in retrograde or something like that, I just accept that we'll never be close friends and move on.

menu today

2 hotel room coffee-like objects and a starbucks

eggbites

chomps/protein bar/salt and pepper pistachios

dinner tbd, another timing will be weird evening so we will see. I am in a different terminal than usual and walking through last night there did not seem to be many options, of course it was after hours so maybe I just didn't see them.

have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Dcgirl
on 4/30/24 4:12 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

How fun to set up a new outdoor space! My parents just recovered their front porch furniture pads and they look so good. I just got a ticket to go down in late May so I'm looking forward to sitting out in a rocking chair in the shade. It's one of my favorite things to do in NC!

Good QOTD! I'm a Leo and boy am I a Leo. I don't read horoscopes or know or care about where mercury is, but I've read enough cursory descriptions of a Leo to know, there's a reason I was born early and on the last day of Leo. I embody the positive as well as the "areas of opportunity" shall we say. Ha.

I'm off to Philly later today.

I had a real win last night. I ended up picking up DD and it was getting late and I had work to catch up on so I got pizza for the fam. I finished my work, out on pajamas, and reheated pizza I had half of one piece and two bites of bread and was satiated. So thankful for Wegovy!
Today' eats are: leftover quiche, chicken and feta and spinach sausage, and maybe a piece of pizza. Dinner will be takeout with my mama!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

White Dove
on 4/30/24 4:13 am, edited 4/29/24 9:19 pm - Warren, OH

There was a time around the 1970's when everyone asked what your sign was. Astrology columns in the newspaper were wildly popular and sometimes eerily accurate.

I read books and articles about astrology and considered paying to have my chart done. I stuck with do it myself using books from the library. It was one of those projects that start out with big goals and then just get forgotten.

I have a cousin who makes an excellent living with astrology, He had written and sold many books. He teaches classes and travels around the world to work with his clients.

There are things in the world that we really don't understand. Religion contributes to keeping some knowledge taboo because it goes against religious beliefs. I partly believe that we can communicate with spirits whose bodies have left the earth. But only a few people know how to do that.

One family that I grew up with were very into seances. One daughter contacts her deceased parents and friends in sessions that she prepares for by fasting and praying. I have not gone to one of her sessions but people who have become firm believers.

Just like someone in the 1800's would have found radio, television, and the internet a superstitious fantasty, I think there are still things to be discovered. There maybe something to the position of the stars or maybe not. I don't buy into it but never think we have learned all there is to know.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 4/30/24 4:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Wind speed is finally down today, and no rain in the forecast, so I'll be on my bike! Good. I don't have to worry so much about eating 100 or so kcal over my limit if I'm out biking for a couple of hours (although honestly, eating hasn't been too bad lately...). Pedicure/facial this morning at 10:00 (the senior special that the beauty school has on Tuesdays & Wednesdays). Otherwise, that's it (except for working around the house - I need to get my hour minimum in! I've been slacking off a bit there..)

one of my cats turns 19 years old today. I might have mentioned this before, but he's down a lb from six weeks ago, which is alarming. He's been eating really well the last few days, though, and we're feeding him high-calorie prescription cat food, so I'm hoping he'll rebound. But at that age, you never know. I hope he'll stick around for awhile.

QOTD: another Leo here, but nope, I don't give a hoot about astrology. I don't even read my horoscope.

We have a ton of food in the fridge and I have no particular plans at the moment, but here's a stab at it (and even taking a stab often helps. At least it gets me thinking about it!):

coffee with half & half

protein oatmeal with yogurt

either chocolate "mousse" or cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with fruit compote

baby carrots with hummus, string cheese

roasted vegetables with peanut sauce, some kind of protein

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 4/30/24 6:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I hope your cat is okay. We are in the same boat w/our 17y/o - eating and losing weight. He is the only cat I've ever had so this is very tough.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

catwoman7
on 4/30/24 8:40 pm, edited 4/30/24 1:41 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I hope he's OK, too, but at 19, his days are kind of numbered regardless. I did pick up a salmon filet at Aldi for him. Cut it into three pieces - put two in the freezer, and air fried the third. He went bananas over it and has eaten more today than I've seen him eat in quite a while. Guess I'll have to do that for a while to see if we can at least get some weight back on him (although the high calorie cat food should help, too...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views