It is up to me

Groups » It is up to me » Discussion » Getting throught th...

Getting throught the holidays- how ya doing?

Ira Sansolo
on 12/16/08 3:22 am - Winter Haven, FL
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and your Holiday shopping is almost done. I have a question for all of you. How are you dealing with the stresses that happen this time of year. I know we have many of them, financial, family, what to buy for who. But WLS patients have a much more difficult choice this time of year, eating, are any of you having trouble eating the wrong things at the wrong times, are your grazing, grabbing a cookie here and there, tasting the mashed potatoes while cooking, or drinking some wine with the dinners? Let me say (and I know I should not say this, I will get in trouble for it but oh well) you are human. It must be very difficult for all of you, tell us your stories, I look forward to some great, true, human conversation from our great group.

Remember our next meeting will be on Monday, December 22, 2008 at Community Southern Bank in Lakeland. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Ira H Sansolo
Obesity Help Support Group Coach 
Co-Leader "Its up to you"
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/UpToMe/

" The secret is, there is no secret, you just have to believe."
                       (From Kung Fu Panda)

flashygal1
on 12/16/08 1:28 pm
Hi!

You asked  how are we doing?  TERRIBLE.  I need the support group more than ever.  To start with,I did great at Thanksgiving.  It was after.  I was in the hospital from 12/3 until 12/6. Got home that morning only to receive a call that our 27 year old grand-daughter had passed away unexpectionally.  We went up-state New York and got home this past Monday night.  It has been down hill ever since.  I pray every night to God asking for the strenght to get back on track but it hasn't come yet,  Please pray for me.

Looking forward to the meeting on Monday night.

Beverly
Ira Sansolo
on 12/16/08 8:38 pm - Winter Haven, FL
Beverly:

We are sooo sorry to hear of your loss.  It is never easy to lose someone you love but for it to be a grandchild it can be devestating and at this time of year.   You and Robert are in our prayers.   

Now...here comes the Melissa that is going to talk about you.    You need to still take care of you.   You need your health to get through this time so it is even more important to do those things that help keep you from relying on food.   Keep busy and get out it helps both the mind and the body.

Don't be hard on yourself.   Old habits are hard to break and it is times like this that we fall back into old habits.  Keep that in your mind.   I have shared many times of the frustrations I had with weight gain through some emotionally straining months.  Stay strong for those who are still with you, for Robert and more importantly for yourself.    You are a trooper, and in time all will fall back into place.

Please come see us on the 22nd, we owe you big hugs.   If you need us, give us a call.

Love to you,

Melissa and Ira

Ira H Sansolo
Obesity Help Support Group Coach 
Co-Leader "Its up to you"
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/UpToMe/

" The secret is, there is no secret, you just have to believe."
                       (From Kung Fu Panda)

melcha
Support Group Coach

IraSansolo
Suppot Group Coach